ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my first issue is that i went to sleazy lube. i know. that was my first mistake. So the story goes... went in to get my transmission serviced. Got home and car wouldnt go into reverse or into 5th. Why? would this happen from just getting my fluids changed?

hope you guys can help.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i havent checked the level. It was just a simple drain and fill. I dont know why they would touch the ring.....

i read that if i redrain and refill that might work.

this might sound dumb as hell but by doing so may press any air that could be trapped. could that sound right?

·
Supporting Member
2,284 Posts
They might have removed the reverse switch to fill instead of the square plug...and dropped the washer under the switch

·
Registered
370 Posts
They might have removed the reverse switch to fill instead of the square plug...and dropped the washer under the switch
This^^^

There are three plugs in the side of the transmission. Two and square drive and stick out of the side of the trans, the other is an allen head plug set into the case. They removed the allen head plug, and let the retainer go inside the trans. You now get to remove the transmission and tear it apart to fix it. I highly advice you throw a mortal fit and make them pay the shop of your choosing to fix it. Transmission internal work is not something to trust to any old shade tree mechanic.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to bring this month old thread up.
But since the issue. I had the trans rebuilt. Smooth as butter but for some reason the smell of gear oil finds its was into my cabin. Why? Even after a month?

·
Supporting Member
2,284 Posts
Lower Shift boot replaced when the trans was out?...not the leather one..the rubber one. check for a leak at the rear seal of the trans..and just to be sure, check the rear end to see if that is leaking at an axle seal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts