ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Crikey!

What a find, can you imagine what that guy felt when he cracked that barn open? It must have been like every Christmas in the history of the world rolled up into one moment.

·
Registered
369 Posts
just think how many more places like this exist.

Guy dies, no one knows what he has lying around, and the stuff just sits. I remeber reading about parking garage finds in NY city on M.net one time that blew my mind.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
OMG that is F*ing incredible!!! I would quit my job, restore them, sell ones I dont want, and retire. That is amazing. I would probably rather have that than win the lottery. Im speechless.

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
does he have all the keys though?
Who cares? Having half those cars as a mostly rusted out pile of parts is still worth millions. Someone call Barret Jackson QUICK.

Oh you guys might be interested in this too (kinda old though). Read the story behind it!!!
http://coolcatcorp.com/millerauction/MillerAuction.html
I agree; a lot of those cars aren't that valuable, and many are in a state of disrepair. The others probably need a complete overhaul. My guess its some bloke who just collected old cars when they were pretty worthless.

A mate in Belfast had to go work in Texas for 2 years. He had a collecition of cars he needed storing while he was away (he was 28). His fleet:
Eunos Roadster Vspec Black n Tan
Triumph Spitfire
Triumph GT6
Bond Equipe
Bond Equipe 2000
Early Fiat X19
Triumph Vitesse
Suzuki Bandit
MGB-GT
Skoda Rapide
Skoda Rapide Cabriolet
Citroen 2CV

Some of them were a bit off the wall (eg the Skodas), but he liked them. He had them stored away in a giant barn. When he got back, when we went to move them, the condition of some of the cars broke his heart; seized diffs, stuffed electrics etc.

Real find, but not worth as much as you think:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3005938.stm

And a future barn collection. Sultan of Brunei's fleet. He doesn't drive many of them:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78673

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
I would like to punch the Sultan of Brunei right in the mouth for being so damn greedy.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I would like to punch the Sultan of Brunei right in the mouth for being so damn greedy.
I'm kinda with you on that. In no way or form am I trying to say that it should be dictated how much or many of XYZ items any one person should be allowed to have...

However, I'd punch him for buying dealerships worth of cars....one or two of a kind would be enough, don't you think? Why have 20-30 virtually identical cars???

Oh, and one huge goal in my life is to own ONE Ferrari F40...this guy has like EIGHT, inlcuding at least one LM :evil:

·
Registered
514 Posts
That is NUTS... some people have all the luck. :|

-Jeremy

1 - 20 of 30 Posts