ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is all three layers overlayed on each other with arbitrary transparency values. I'm HOPING it turns out like this at night. Obviously it's a picture of a computer screen, but it translates the intended luminosity better that way.

I wanted to keep a sort of early 90's style about it, so bear that in mind.

Credit goes to the man. He knows who he is.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
The tail of the dinosaur is in danger of being covered by the needle center.

Also, blue lights up very very badly with the stock bulbs. If you put in some white LEDs, you'll get better results.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tail of the dinosaur is in danger of being covered by the needle center.

Also, blue lights up very very badly with the stock bulbs. If you put in some white LEDs, you'll get better results.
You're definitely THE man. Thanks, I figured I'd be running into a blue light problem, based on all the blue lights I've ever put in my cars, I went with a white diffuse layer and a clear back transparency for the numbers and hashes, the other blues I want very subtle. As I'm sure you saw, I left out the indicator lights so I could "rebulb" the cluster, I'll do white LED for sure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...and before anyone points it out...

Yes, I'm aware that most of "fossil fuels" come from plant matter and not dinosaurs... ;)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Even so, I love the dino. Very nice touch.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Awesome!, it revs to vee eye eye eye lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Revlimiter.net for the methods.

Also, you can just buy gauges over there, I imagine Rev can make you some with a dino juice gauge. (He knows what he's doing far more than I)

*Edit* I haven't made them yet as I'm limiting myself to $20 a paycheck towards the car over the summer. This is 3 checks down the list still.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts