ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put if your going and/or in the area. Most likely itll be something to get the people around here together because we miata folks gotta stick together. Hopefully in the long run we can get a Miata group and get discounts on some stores. I already know a garage willing to do so.

Meet will be on sunday November 5th prolly in queens area. It wont be much probably lunch or something.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
XD yeah im still trying to get people

im wondering if it should be moved another week over for more people

·
Registered
200 Posts
Damn, I'm late. I didn't know this was here but I did see the double post in the other section..haha. I'm down, let's figure out when and what's going to happen.

Let's see some more people!
I'll try to get some of the people on the pointy site to check this out and possibly come.

·
Registered
222 Posts
haha, lets concentrate on one meet first.

where do you guys want to do it?

the city (it can get rather expensive and really shitty to drive through some parts)

north jersey [bergen county area, I have a perfect place that we can meet up on a Sunday, considering that non essential stores are closed, its caleld the Firehouse, real good place to eat]

or somewhere in between jersey and pa?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well so far what im thinking is that if people from the ny area do go to jersey we can meet up here then have a long line of miatas drive there

·
Registered
200 Posts
+1 to the caravan, if we end up going to jersey.

I think we should figure out who is going so that we can pick a place that's convenient for everybody.

The city's kind of bleh to drive around, plus parking is a pain, so I'm not so sure about a meet there. Whatever's good guys.

plainmiata you should really try to make it out..so you can give me a ride in your car with that phat snail you got. 8) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would be down for this. Just pick a good spot with a large parking lot and a good place to eat.

Jersey would be doable, depending how many people would want to drive. Manalapan is a nice place, about an hour outside of brooklyn.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Count me in. I know a great place to meet. Its in Brooklyn near the brooklyn bridge. Its not a bad place to drive (except if you go on the old brick roads back there). We can meet up near the best pizzaria in the world right there under the brooklyn bridge. Nice clean area with plenty of parking (especially on a sunday). let me know what you guys think.
Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
i'll leave it to you guys to decide. I think it'd be easier to have the meet in Bergen county, considering that most of the business's are closed, there will be AMPLE parking for all of us. I hate driving through the city, and taking Canal St, into brooklyn is VERY hectic on Sunday afternoons, sometimes taking a few hrs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Count me in. I know a great place to meet. Its in Brooklyn near the brooklyn bridge. Its not a bad place to drive (except if you go on the old brick roads back there). We can meet up near the best pizzaria in the world right there under the brooklyn bridge. Nice clean area with plenty of parking (especially on a sunday). let me know what you guys think.
Tim
Grimaldis Pizzeria on Old Fulton street. Take exit 28A on the BQE, pull an illegal U on the light and go toward the water.

Nice pizzeria, right on the water front, good for pics, good food. Parking should be OK on a sunday.

There might be a line for the place though, theres always a line. Groups get prefrence but we might have to wait for an hour or so. No big deal I think.

Its a good idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
and taking Canal St, into brooklyn is VERY hectic on Sunday afternoons, sometimes taking a few hrs.
I live out on Long Island, I go to school in the city (commute an hour and a half each way). I was suggesting brooklyn because its the closest to the middle of everyone as possible. I know some of the NY people on the miataforum live on long island as well (although not as far as me).

Dont take canal, there are so many side streets you can cut through.

I'm new here so i'm not going to pressure any specific meeting places.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Tim

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well how about college point area. jersey people can take the 95 and keep going down and get off at linden blvd on the 678. and longisland people can just take the grand central (i think) and connect to the 678 starting from 495. city people can just cross over the bridges by same means. about the same time from all sides. manhatten takes 30-1hr, li is 30-1hr, jersey depends.. from oakland where i work it takes 45 mins - 1 hour.

·
Registered
222 Posts
and taking Canal St, into brooklyn is VERY hectic on Sunday afternoons, sometimes taking a few hrs.
I live out on Long Island, I go to school in the city (commute an hour and a half each way). I was suggesting brooklyn because its the closest to the middle of everyone as possible. I know some of the NY people on the miataforum live on long island as well (although not as far as me).

Dont take canal, there are so many side streets you can cut through.

I'm new here so i'm not going to pressure any specific meeting places.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Tim
see. whenever I am in the city, I am in such a time constraint that I cant takje the risk of any side streets, even though manhattan is designed fairly well in that aspect.

like I said, its a weekend, I rather stay out of the city, but there are ALOT more guys in the city than out by me. so lets pick a definate place because it isnt really working like this.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts