ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I took some time today to start test fitting the wheels.

I mounted 205/50/15 azenis on them and put them on the car.

Anyways massive rubbing on the test run, only in the front though.

I know to run 195 instead but I cannot see how this will help, I took out the liner but it appears as if the tires are hitting the fender.

Then I look at the cars on here and they look the same as mine, how are you not rubbing.

I do not see how rolling the fenders will help at all. Maybe im just bummed out but I dont see how this is going to work.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
azenis typically run a little wider than other tires of the same size.

most people tuckin tire have to make the sacrifice of running more negative camber than normal, and I think with your azenis you will need a good fender rolling as well.

btw when you roll your fenders, the fender liners typically have to be removed, so make sure any wires behind the liners are tucked up out of the way of the wheel.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
azenis typically run a little wider than other tires of the same size.

most people tuckin tire have to make the sacrifice of running more negative camber than normal, and I think with your azenis you will need a good fender rolling as well.

btw when you roll your fenders, the fender liners typically have to be removed, so make sure any wires behind the liners are tucked up out of the way of the wheel.
I have a fair amount of negative camber already.

Im just worried that im going to buy my 195's and run into the same problem, thus waste money.

I dont want to run the azenis I was just test fitting today, but it seems impossible even with the 195's

Im hoping Rusman will chime in here.

I do not want to pull the fenders as I will most likely ruin the paint.

·
Registered
104 Posts
well youre in luck today i rolled my fenders.
azenis 15 50 205,sportmax oo2 ,is my setup.

rented the roller ,then did my passnenger side.it came perfect not only did i roll my fenders but i also pulled them.the passenger side looks so nice,i pulled it about a inch. =D>

now the bad the drivers side i had to fix and fill the edges iof the fenders and quarter panel.i was able to roll the inner lip ,but when i precceited to pull and strerch the metal it began cracking.so tommorrow i will finished it up.

the trick is to set a very drastic angle in the rollers head.use 2 heatguns and heat up the inner and outer part of the fender.and to little steps at a time.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
better yet- toss the airbag crap into the garbage and tear out that blue wire :D:D

Nice job rolling the fender though- did that crack the paint?

·
RDR
4,252 Posts

I know to run 195 instead but I cannot see how this will help, I took out the liner but it appears as if the tires are hitting the fender.

Then I look at the cars on here and they look the same as mine, how are you not rubbing.

I do not see how rolling the fenders will help at all. Maybe im just bummed out but I dont see how this is going to work.

look in my garage @ my car, i had the 205 azenis on too

·
Registered
720 Posts
so the blue wires under the fender are for airbag?

yea my tires were rubbing on mine so i had to zip tie em higher like coupeloop said

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well no one around here has that roller !

I didnt even attempt to roll the fenders because I dont see how that will cure the problem.

Im hoping it will, I will try and track down a roller, or have a body shop do it. i do not want to pull the fenders. I have no idea how to do that and im sure it will cost me $$$$$ if I mess up.

Im not planning on running the 205's im getting 195's but im wondering will that even make any difference.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

look in my garage @ my car, i had the 205 azenis on too
what did you do to make them fit !? lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had similar problems to you, im based over in Ireland so this is a very out of the ordinary setup. I had the tyre shop fit a 205 on one wheel and there was no way it was gonna fit. After a bit of persuasion he fitted a 195, though I still had rubbing they did visibly tuck in a lot better.

I dont know how low I am (ill measure wheel centre to fender tomorrow) but I can fit one and half fingers in the front. Im running very little camber about 1degree up front. I tried to roll fenders with hammer, but because of lack of camber I had to bite the bullet and order a fender roller. Rolled them yesterday and I have only slight rubbing. Rolling and pulling WILL give you the extra space you need, so my advise is fit the 195s and get yourself a roller to do a slight pull. I have no mechanical ability but this is quite easy once you heat the paint, especially the front as the metal is quite weak compared to the back.

Sorry for the essay but hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I didnt have a roller when I did the rears on my car. I started it with a bat, and finshed with a hammer... just being careful was enough to make it come out ok.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeh I got a bit over zealous with the hammer and cracked the paint on my front one. Can't really 'pull' with the hammer either?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had similar problems to you, im based over in Ireland so this is a very out of the ordinary setup. I had the tyre shop fit a 205 on one wheel and there was no way it was gonna fit. After a bit of persuasion he fitted a 195, though I still had rubbing they did visibly tuck in a lot better.

I dont know how low I am (ill measure wheel centre to fender tomorrow) but I can fit one and half fingers in the front. Im running very little camber about 1degree up front. I tried to roll fenders with hammer, but because of lack of camber I had to bite the bullet and order a fender roller. Rolled them yesterday and I have only slight rubbing. Rolling and pulling WILL give you the extra space you need, so my advise is fit the 195s and get yourself a roller to do a slight pull. I have no mechanical ability but this is quite easy once you heat the paint, especially the front as the metal is quite weak compared to the back.

Sorry for the essay but hope it helps.
Ok im going to go with the 195's and do a lot of rolling this week.

Wish me luck. Im sure with some work I can get them to fit.

·
Registered
342 Posts
its easy everybody that runs sportmax run into the same issue. I run 195/50/15 and it suck on the track I would suggest trying to stick with the 205 if you already have em. I used a roller which I own all you have to do is roll and pull the fender. Just take your time each corner its really easy. btw i'm not running extreme negative camber.

·
3,857 Posts

Where do you rub the wheels?
What sportmax wheels do you have?
Keep in mind that a 205-50-15 tire has larger over all diameter so at maximum compression you will probably rub inside at the top of the fender wells.
If you rub the fender at the edge then you can roll the fender (and pull them a little bit).

·
3,857 Posts
FYI with the even larger 215/45/16 I was rubbing at the frame (they fenderliners had already gone) in the point that I polished the metal :)
At the end I used one or two plastic 1mm washers (from my KONI suspension) between the bumpstops.
Now it doesn't rub at all...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts