ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 02 miata (base) the a/c wasn't working. So I thought it just needed a recharge. I put 134a into the a/c system and it would still blow warm air. I did the procedure like I was suppose to, I put freon into the low pressure side with the car on and a/c on full blast, but air that was the same temp as outside blew. The high pressure side was ok, but the low pressure side was filled from empty to more than necessary in my frustration to get the a/c to blow cold air. There are no leaks in the system so I'm assuming that this is an issue with the a/c compressor? Are there any other possible causes that I should look into? I have recently ordered the a/c compressor and am wondering if I should order the drier as well. And if so should I just put oil into the compressor or more into the system if I replace the drier.
Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
862 Posts
What were the pressures for each side of the system? Did you hook a set of gauges up to accurately check the pressures? Just because you filled the low side, does not mean the system is full. II would take it to a shop with gauges.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jspade! I did just that, so apparently the compressor I have installed inside the car atm is functioning. The a/c guy was nice enough to put 134a in for me and he put power to the compressor and cold air began to blow. It seems that there is no power going to the compressor. I'll just try to get current from a different wire. Finally my multimeter will come in handy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts