ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, have any of you ever used trunk anchors? i've seen some race cars with wings that have them and some race cars without that have them as well.... just wondering has anyone have any experience with them? i don't have any spoiler or wing but wondering if there is any benefit of having one? My trunk does echo whenever i hit a small bump. I wonder if that would cure it. thanks for any info.

http://www.godabp.com/newpage2.htm

the rear of this car has one but doesn't have wing spoiler.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
my roomate did it to his hachi. it worked pretty well just be sure you use the right materials and such. he used some homedepot parts and it hasnt held up to the weather so well. I suggested jeep hood anchors but they are pretty big.

he did it because he gutted his hatch and nolonger had the latches or struts so it couldnt stay shut on its own. same idea as hood pins

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ic. but what benefit would that be for the trunk? i know my trunk moves a bit but nothing close to that of the lid flying off like a hood will... i can buy these locally which are meant for racing but just wondering what i'm getting myself into before i start drilling holes where i will regret later on.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
They're simply an external latch to keep the lid shut. You could use pins or leather straps. The rubber hooks are available from a variety of places including Summit Racing, Pegasus Auto Racing, Moss Motors, etc.

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
So people are going to be opening your trunk every night, and it looks like they weigh more than a stock latch. I'd look into actually fixing your problem insted of shoving it aside :?

But if you were just looking for a cheap solution to keeping your trunk from making a noise over small bumps, and you were keeping your stock latch, i guess that would work.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
problem is that i don't even know if it is the trunk lid that is making the thumping noise in my trunk. every since i got my tein flex it appeared. guess it doesn't have much of an "function other then appearance for me.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
If you're hearing a noise that didn't used to be there before your install be sure to check the tightness of all your nuts/bolts! Could be your fuel filler neck shield rattling. Or it could be a shock mount you forgot to tighten. More than likely it's just added NVH due to solid shock mounts or you're so low you're just hitting the bump stops more often which will send a booming echo sound through the rear of the car which is amplified by the large empty trunk cavity. I've never heard any common complaints with trunk latch or torsion bar spring (other than not being strong enough to support the lid open with an aftermarket wing installed).

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
well in general its for when you wither gut your lid completely, including the latching on both sides, then the weight of the 2 2oz straps is a realy gain, or when you get a crazy race part that isnt intended to accept the latch/hinges.

its not for road cars

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alrighty, i was just wondering if this part would help my car, because when my trunk is closed, and i push it down it actually sinks down a bit. the trunk lid is already set a bit lower then the rear fenders. But when i grab on the lid and pull up and down lightly it moves a bit...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts