ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a video of me trying to chase my friend's GT3 RS,on April 26th FFD track day at Ridge Motorsport Park in shelton. Excuse my poor asian driving.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Awesome :phillyb:

Thats a damn fast beetle and you kept right with him for the most part. Now, if you and your buddy switched rides...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Two things wrong with this video; you had to lug around the extra weight of a passenger, too many long stretches on the track which allowed the Porsche to make proper use its power.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome :phillyb:

Thats a damn fast beetle and you kept right with him for the most part. Now, if you and your buddy switched rides...
haha im scared to drive that beetle.if anything happens,i gota sell my kids or my kidney.

What's ur engine setup?

Sent from the one and olny
01 Vvt Engine
-ferrea dual valve spring
-custom mild cam
-supertech valve keeper
-oem size valve
-bronze guide
-mahle 85.5mm pistons
-m tune rods
-cnc head
-maruha irtb 45mm
-enlarged maxim works header
-maruha oil baffle
-cut counter weight/polished/balance crankshaft
-949 crank pulley

thats about it. drivetrain is 6 speed with 4.1 final gear with maruha 2 way lsd.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Wow, did that cost a lot to do? I need more power out of my 1.8 and been planning a turbo but would love to keep it naturally aspirated if I can get good power for a good price

·
Registered
521 Posts
haha im scared to drive that beetle.if anything happens,i gota sell my kids or my kidney.

01 Vvt Engine
-ferrea dual valve spring
-custom mild cam
-supertech valve keeper
-oem size valve
-bronze guide
-mahle 85.5mm pistons
-m tune rods
-cnc head
-maruha irtb 45mm
-enlarged maxim works header
-maruha oil baffle
-cut counter weight/polished/balance crankshaft
-949 crank pulley

thats about it. drivetrain is 6 speed with 4.1 final gear with maruha 2 way lsd.
So basically, you're making about 180 whp, give or take 5.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hmmmm. Ok thanks guys. I think I'm gonna go with a fm turbo that will bring me up to about 175 who for about 2k. It just seems more cost efficient. I just have one last question. Do I have to use a turbo muffler because I really want to get this https://www.flyinmiata.com/1990-97-flyin-miata-stainless-steel-exhaust.html and I won't be able to get the turbo for a while. I also don't wan to waste $450 on a muffler that I will have to take off one I get the turbo. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts