ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to replace the seats in my 99 NB and I would like a more vintage looking seat. The problem I'm running into is that the good lord gifted me with legs...long ones. Thus finding a seat that is fixed back and that sits me lower while looking vintage is a tough nut to crack. I have found four seats that will fit in the Miata and are in my price bracket. They are pictured below. I have searched here, miataturbo, and miata.net and they all are lacking on information about these seats. Does anyone have any data on them, speculative or otherwise related to fit?

Background: I am 6'1 and will be making mounts regardless. one cravat is that I have a significant other who is not 6'1 and thus have to keep the ability to slide the seats. The car is auto-x so a aggressive side bolster is a must.

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated on the seats below. The seats are the Cobra Cub, Cobra Classic CS, Sparco F550 American and the OMP Classic, the OMPs dimensions were not listed on OMPs site.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rather limited response.

·
garageSTAR Supporter
1,248 Posts
Your size does make it difficult, plus finding that style, with bolsters that hold you well enough for autoX is a challenge. One that you might have to pick one or the other. Style or function.

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
There's a thread dedicated the "vintage" inspired seats that might have some info on those seats. Have you taken a look at the Corbeau Classics? The cushion is a bit over-padded, but a little foamectomy and they're good. I think they'd flow a little better with the more modern styling of the NB too.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Having not sat in any more seen them in person... Based on the pics I like the Cobra Classic. Good bolsters and a curviness the Sparco lacks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
im with you im saving my money up for the classics also :p

i also have a 99 mitata lol

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
The Corbeau Classics are pure sex, unfortunately my ass is too wide for the ride...

I think the only 'vintage style' seats that would be any good for Auto-X would be something racing seat inspired.

Lotus seats maybe?

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
The Corbeau Classics are pure sex, unfortunately my ass is too wide for the ride...

I think the only 'vintage style' seats that would be any good for Auto-X would be something racing seat inspired.

Lotus seats maybe?
That's what I'd suggest too if you plan on driving the car in a spirited manner. I wish there was a classic styled seat with at least some shoulder support... I feel like the Lotus seats are the closest thing right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts