ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're a bit limited in terms of circuits in Malaysia, so most of our D1GP events are held at huge carparks, with temp courses built up ala Odaiba. He'll generally use my car and an R34 to try the course, to be sure that it's good enough for both high-powered blown beasts and puny mecha-tune cars like mine!

My NA 1.8 car only puts out about 145hp at the wheels, but he never complains. He does like my setup, but more than once he's 'advised' me to get in touch with RS Aizawa... oh yeah I wish I had a money tree growing out in my backyard too.. :p

·
Registered
441 Posts
loving your car!

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
That lip is really awesome, man. Where'd you get it?

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
thats too cool man. I wish he could get behind the wheel of mine just once. I have yet to see him drive a Turbo Miata with an FMII kit.

·
4,436 Posts
We're a bit limited in terms of circuits in Malaysia, so most of our D1GP events are held at huge carparks, with temp courses built up ala Odaiba. He'll generally use my car and an R34 to try the course, to be sure that it's good enough for both high-powered blown beasts and puny mecha-tune cars like mine!

My NA 1.8 car only puts out about 145hp at the wheels, but he never complains. He does like my setup, but more than once he's 'advised' me to get in touch with RS Aizawa... oh yeah I wish I had a money tree growing out in my backyard too.. :p
If he ever makes it to Road Atlanta in Georgia, tell him to give me a shout and he can drive the an RS Aizawa approved Miata with IRTB's. Would love to get some feedback from the handling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The front lip is a Garage Vary lip. It's pretty cool, goes down deep, but it scrubs almost everything! Those wheels at the rear are some 2nd hand BBS-type wheels I bought cheap off some kid, I run them as my back-ups when I go drifting.

145hp is good? I dunno man, I used to have an Ae86 before this, and it was much easier to make power with the 4AGE than the miata's BP engine. I've got some fast road cams from Neal Lowe (a legend in race engine building in Australia), running in a ported head with raised compression (est 11:1), Greddy E-Manage, Jasma 4-2-1 exhaust headers to a 2.25inch system, and a home-made 3inch diameter coldair intake from the standard airbox. The cold air intake made a surprisingly huge difference!

Yeah Tsuchiya says that RS Aizawa have got to be one of the best Miata tuners, and he quite likes the Miata and admits that it's a nice club racer but a difficult car to use for serious drifting.

Here's a good one: a few month's back, as we were setting up a course down-south for Rnd2, we went out to test the layout and I sat with him. My car's RHD, so I'm seated in the left seat as a passenger, and into the 1st corner he chucks the car sideways, and reaches over to fumble for the e-brake (which is on the left of the transmission tunnel remember) and nearly grabs my nuts! F*ck!! He was darn shy about that one, and I jumped out before the next run! haha!!

/adian

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
Here's a good one: a few month's back, as we were setting up a course down-south for Rnd2, we went out to test the layout and I sat with him. My car's RHD, so I'm seated in the left seat as a passenger, and into the 1st corner he chucks the car sideways, and reaches over to fumble for the e-brake (which is on the left of the transmission tunnel remember) and nearly grabs my nuts! F*ck!! He was darn shy about that one, and I jumped out before the next run! haha!!
/adian
This deserves it's own thread, if Tsuchiya grabbed your nuts what would you do? :lol:

Lovely car and story!

Sidenote: Anyone see the video of Tsuchiya racing touge with his Hachi vs an EG Civic and the RS Aizawa ?? I can upload if anyone wants.
Do it

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
.. My car's RHD, so I'm seated in the left seat as a passenger, and into the 1st corner he chucks the car sideways, and reaches over to fumble for the e-brake (which is on the left of the transmission tunnel remember) and nearly grabs my nuts! ....
/adian
Hahaha- that would've been funny to watch.... Tsuchiya drifting with one hand and grabbing your nuts with the other :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
582 Posts
.. My car's RHD, so I'm seated in the left seat as a passenger, and into the 1st corner he chucks the car sideways, and reaches over to fumble for the e-brake (which is on the left of the transmission tunnel remember) and nearly grabs my nuts! ....
/adian
Hahaha- that would've been funny to watch.... Tsuchiya drifting with one hand and grabbing your nuts with the other :lol: :lol:
don't forget... it all goes well with the miata :mrgreen: can't beat the whole package. I'd still be proud...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts