ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted this on a few different boards, but I figure that this being roadsterJDM I have a better chance of getting some good replies. Have any of you here had any experience with Tuckin 99 and their coilovers? Specifically the hill climb damper. I am debating mainly between trying these and going with the aluminum adj. ohlins and getting them revalved.

Here is the link to the page: http://www.tuckin99.com/cate/cate/carid-1_cateid-3_.html

They are the first set on the page, the black and orange ones.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me even if it is only opinions!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Where are you from? If you are in the southeastern US I would be happy to meet up with you if you want a ride in an Ohlins equipped car. If you are somewhere up north, that has potholes you may want to watch out for those spring rates on the Tuckin 99 hill climb models. Even with really good shocks, 675/560 is going to be pretty hard on the street.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am located in southern california so unfortunately i dont think the ride will work out right now, but thanks for the offer :). I am a bit leary of those spring rates as you mentioned. I think I am leaning more towards the ohlins and then I can always have those revavled for higher rates as well. I cant get any information on the hill climb dampers and I have never heard anything bad about ohlins, except that they are expensive but I figure you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry to hear that you are in southern california, but nothing a plane ticket can't fix Actually used to live north of San Diego awhile back, near escondido. I still miss the ocean, but not the wildfires.

If you really like the Tuckin's you could probably get different spring rates for them also, just something to think about. I am not sure how their support will be though here in the US.

Take Care,
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts