ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a Racing Beat 4-to-1 header and a Racing Beat race pipe (cat delete) for my 1991 1.6. I just placed an order for a Buddy Club Spec II cat-back system. I'll be installing all of these items at once, on the same day. Should I expect to see a "check engine" light? Will the car require, or benefit from, a re-tune? What about if I swap the intake as well? Any advice is MUCH appreciated!

Also, I've got a genuine Mazda hardtop glass WITH defrost that I have no use for. My car isnt wired for defrost. It's in perfect condition. But considering I cant plug it up, I have no idea if it works; I assume it does. I'd be down for an even trade if someone has a genuine Mazda glass WITHOUT defrost, in great condition. North Carolina and upper SC only, not interested in shipping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay cool, thanks dude! I know on newer cars, mods like these can send an ECU into shock. I didn't know if it would need a tune or reprogram, or if I could simply bolt on my parts and roll

·
Registered
497 Posts
You can probably bolt on all the parts and be fine. Fine does not mean ideal. Whenever changing airflow, a retune *should* happen. While you may gain a few ponies, and it likely won't blow up, you're leaving quite a bit of power on the table by not tuning.

Megasquirt will be the best $/hp ratio since you already have airflow mods, and it deletes the restrictive 1.6 AFM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts