ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supporting Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw pics of several cars with turbo + irtbs from that cool jdm car show in CA a few weeks ago, and it intrigued me. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this setup?

I am toying with the idea of making my MSM an ass-kicking SCCA autox BSP car. Since I cannot change the turbo, nor the ring and pinion, I am wondering if IRTBs may help the car accelerate faster. By the time I am ready to do this, the car will have a Hydra EMS, 440 cc injectors, over-the-radiator IC setup, and lightweight flywheel. The car already has AEM intake, ebay IC, MBC, FM Exhaust, PSS9s, RB front ASB, and 15x8 ATS DTCs w/ 225/50/15 kumho v710s.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
It would help throttle response which would probably help you build boost faster. Not sure if it would add too much power, but it'd definately be sweet.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,615 Posts
If you want to talk to someone who has actually done it on a Miata, Jeremy Schuster of Flyin' Miata (I believe) used to run it.

·
Supporting Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Bryan. I had not considered calling FM, since they don't carry IRTBs. I have spoken to Jeremy before, and he was very helpful. 8)

·
Registered
902 Posts
I talked with Taka at Anniversary Racing Factory Factory this morning and I will be carrying his plenum boxes for those that are interested IRTB with a Turbo. We are working on a price

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
If I keep my car, ill be running the irtb's with my FM 2 kit. Its all a matter of me getting a damn job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts