ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:twisted: hi guys i really want to go forced induction for this summer and to celebrate my birthday,

any recomendations? i have been looking at the BEGI turbo kit but after all the extras it will be costing me approx £2400 (4,521.82 USD) which i can afford but i would also like to go on holiday this year so dont want to spend that much!!

tabs what is the specification of your kit as i have also been looking at a greedy kit and ideally i want approx 180bhp and yours is 185 so that would be ideal?

many thanks,

Dude

·
Registered
5 Posts
dude - you can actually build a hybrid kit for good money.

The only thing I would suggest it getting a good piggyback ECU - like an eManage so you can control timing and the amount of fuel going into your engine, also I think a wideband sensor is essential if you're tuning it yourself.

I'll drop you a PM to a forum with two people who are very good and sourcing kits for this, another member sausages on here has made one of these kits.

The only problem with Greddy kits is that at a base level their a good cheap and crude way to go fast but once you want to start going faster, you have to start messing around with bits and taking stuff off and spending more and more cash - and THAT WILL HAPPEN.

The higher up the chain you can start the better the turbo you can have.

I'll drop you a PM soon.

Good luck!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Save and spend wisely, its worth it when going FI. There are many ways to go, but the BEGi kits are an excellent option when you don't want to piece things together. BEGi uses quality stuff.. you won't need to replace allot of pieces like with other cheaper kits.
I?m not sure, but BEGi may be including the Bipes piggy back as an option if you don?t have the money for an ECU like an eManage, AEM or whatever right away.

So.. you just have to do the math and see what works for you.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i have decided on the following:

Greddy TD04 Turbo kit
Emanage ultimate
larger injecters
greddy heatshield
Xspeed intercooler kit
begi radiator scoop

that would put me at approx 10psi and 170bhp

·
Registered
61 Posts
iirc you wont need the ultimate unless you are going for injectors larger than 320cc.

If you have a 1.6 and are still keen on getting the ultimate - we have a tech writeup on the UK forum on overcoming the problems you WILL face when installing it.

You will also need a map sensor of some kind.. weber 2, 2.5 or 3bar one will be ok (off a cossie) and ideally you will want a WB02 sensor, and an A/F gauge along with boost gauge.

·
Registered
493 Posts

Greddy TD04 Turbo kit
Emanage ultimate
larger injecters
greddy heatshield
Xspeed intercooler kit
begi radiator scoop

that would put me at approx 10psi and 170bhp
other than a standard recirculating or sequential BOV (which I think does not come with the kit), boost & a/f gauges your set... :wink:

what injectors by the way will you be using. I suggest go for the RX7 NA 460cc injectors if you'll be running the Emanage Ultimate or the Emanage "Blue" will somehow suffice for this kind of injectors if your planning to keep boost at 10psi (which i doubt once you have tried pulling 10psi :lol: ...the need for speed sometimes gets into you... :D )

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
you might consider

www.boostlogic.com

they make a very nice tubular manifold, and bug intercooler set up with a 3" dp and full exhaust.

I have this very set up arriving shortly for my car...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:00 pm]you might consider

www.boostlogic.com

they make a very nice tubular manifold, and bug intercooler set up with a 3" dp and full exhaust.

I have this very set up arriving shortly for my car...
Maybe I'm blind, but I didnt see the listing for the Miata kit there.

Can you specify what parts and turbo you'll be using? Ive heard pretty good things about boost logic...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts