ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it doesn't run right, so i don't. It's kinda nice when you get it in the revs and it's running, but so far, no dice on the fun factor. Thanks for the luv, especially from the CPT.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indeed, running the piggyback, but the way the car is running, it's like russian reversal. In Communist Russia, Subcon Runs you!!

·
Mufasa in Training
32,661 Posts
Congrats! I'm sure you'll be able to get your issues solved soon :)

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thoughts on the Fuji IRTB:

You will have tip in (initial throttle) issues with the Fuji Subcon. You have to kinda "squeeze" as timallen said, the throttle, and get the revs up a little before it goes.

Car is still running rich, and backfires every so often. Hoping to get it dyno tuned soon, and a WB02 installed.

Car is almost as quiet as when it was turbo'd exhaust is still the same, old school HKS exaust.

Car feels torquier in mid range than the turbo. Lost HP, (had 150ish whp w/GReddy) but it definitely is a lot of fun.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
OK, so now add the turbo to it and you are all set!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I really need to hear one of these ITB Miatas in person... cause every vid i have heard at idle sounds like somebody shaking racquetballs in a bucket or something.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Swapped in some injectors from a 1.8 as I send out the 1.6s to witchhunter to get cleaned. Raised the FP up to 43, it was at 40, and trimmed some vacuum lines to make it even shorter. the tip-in got better. Fixed the catchcan so that one side goes in from the PCV, which seems to have solved the blowby issue.

But under part throttle, the car started smoking some whitish/greyish smoke, and making pop pop sounds. I'm thinking it's running too rich now, any thoughts?

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
get on it! i am glad to read about your swapping from the turbo though makes me wait impatiently for my irtbs :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts