1 - 20 of 2497 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who?

I brought cookies!!

No, really though...who's on here?

I just put these on yesterday. Should be good for a laugh. Car looks like a tank. A co-worker asked me if they were truck tires.

Anyone else driving through the winter?

·
Banned
257 Posts
I'm from Woodbury, but I'm in school at Madison. It's always nice coming back and seeing decent cars on the road, nice things are few and far between in Wisco.

I remember running into/cruising a bit two nicely done FDs on 94 going west towards Minneapolis earlier this year, you don't see that **** in WI :/

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I imagine it's like me driving out from St. Paul into the western suburbs...

"hey alfa 8C, what's up"

·
Registered
182 Posts
i live in minneapolis. Drive a blue NA, lowered with axis oldskool wheels.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah?

Ok, I'll keep an eye out for ya.

I'm in St. Paul, by the fairgrounds.

I have a bone stock NA black and tan.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Cool. I am in minneapolis. Here is a pic of my car.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Taras? Sick car.

I'm 99% sure it's you.

Here is me:

Bone stock. The wheels are gray now. You can see my Saab in the background. I'm sure I'm a bit more "known" for that locally.

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
What up fellas?

I'm in the eastern Wisconsin area, but I have been traveling to St. Paul for the past few years intermittently to see a girl going to school there. I am familiar with the drive up, but it's about five hours from where I live.

Have fun driving in the winter! I know I would.

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Lol. Funny you use the term **** show. That is totally a Twin Cities saying. I picked that one up after going out drinking with firends in Minneapolis. I said to them, "ready to bend it this weekend?" And they responded "oh yeah, get ready for the **** show!" I Lol'd. :)

·
The colder Adam
2,197 Posts
Just saw this. I live in good ole NE Minneapolis. My car is bone stock right now, but should look a bit better when I lower it w/ Bilstein/Ground Control coilovers, install the roll bar, and pick up some new wheels.

No winter driving for me. The car is now garaged at my place, but I plan to break out the space heater to do some work on the car over the winter (roll bar install and suspension install). Anyone wanna help? I always stock quality beer in the fridge:cool:!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, if beer is in the picture...

Are you on MNautoX as well? I recognize your avatar.

·
The colder Adam
2,197 Posts
Yeah, I am. Same name too. Just did my first AutoX in October (#9, the freezing cold one). Looking to get more involved for 2010.

Beer would definitely be involved and I would spring for pizza as well, so if you would be interested, let me know.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sure, drop me a PM.

I live in Como, so I'm not too far away.

My overall Miata knowledge is low, but I'm pretty ok at turning wrenches. Having owned 3 saabs, it's pretty much a requirement.

·
The colder Adam
2,197 Posts
Awesome, thanks! I am waiting for some energy suspension spring isolators and some ISC endlinks, but play to do the work sometime after the holidays. I'll let you know.

Having owned 4 VWs, I am OK myself, but never do suspension before. Help is always a plus though.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Im close enough, and spend a bit of time around there.
Im in Eau Claire..so about 1-1.5 hours away.

I recognize a few of you from Mac. I race the orange/white formula vee, and at M9 we ran randy W's old white NA with checkers..

And RWD isnt bad in the winter on a good set of snows. I would be driving my NA if it wasn't lowered, and Im trying to keep the NB out of the salt.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey guys, I'm in Minneapolis. I went parking lot hunting during last night's snowstorm and got plenty of looks from people wondering just what the hell I was thinking. Gotta love snow tires. Here's what mine looks like in the winter:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^haha, nice. Is that a ramp in uptown?

The last 2 days have been hilarious.

This is my first RWD car, so I have been having a riot. I blew an hour last night screwing around, and I left for work 20 minutes early this morning. Steering with the throttle is pretty damn fun.

I am running general Altimax Arctic on the stock wheels.

It's really, really fun.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I enjoy passing stuck SUVs as their drivers watch me drive past with their jaws dropped. I am running Winterforces. Between these and the LSD, I haven't gotten stuck once in three winters. I would like to have them studded though. Anyone know how I can get that done?

Oh and if you guys didn't know, Holiday has a $29.99 unlimited car wash package...there is one on my way home from work, so you know what that means: daily washes. http://www.holidaystationstores.com/Carwash.aspx

http://www.holidaystationstores.com/Carwash.aspx

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice.

I had a "mister" unlimited car wash package for one winter on one of the former saabs (also black), and the paint looked like total ass in the spring thanks to the brushes.

Is the holiday touchless? There is a DIY place on Lexington and Larpentuer (3/4 mile from my place) but that's 2 bucks a shot.

I'll see if the BP near work has a package deal...

1 - 20 of 2497 Posts