ClubRoadster.net banner

61 - 80 of 2497 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey everyone, up in Big Lake, MN working on a rather large project... 7 years to be exact! Just got done doing a full tri stage Velocity Red Mica on her and now the final fitting of a bunch of parts begins... Flyin Miata intercooler kit will be here tomorrow and a bunch of other goodies as well!

Here are some pics:

It is all apart again trying to get all the little crap put back in the car and fixing things that I don't like about the car.

If anyone is in the area and wants to stop by feel free to do so.

Cheers,

Adam

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Hot damn!

That looks great!

I guess we better pick a date for the meet/greet/drive...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks guys, I have a ton of work to do yet and am not sure if it will be ready for April... Still have to install the Flyin Miata big brake kit, "create" my 3" downpipe, and then bring it down to DB Performance and have the darn thing tuned with the new AEM ECU in it so we are a ways out for sure! I keep finding all these little parts that I need and have to stop and move on to the next thing while I am waiting for parts to come in... Ahh the joys of rebuilding a car from pretty close to nothing!

If you guys want to see more pics I have about 70 pics of parts of the project here as well:

http://www.miataclubmn.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=6544

I can't find my pics of the body on it's side outside my garage while we were messing around with the idea of powdercoating the subframes and it made changing the shocks and bushings really easy too. ;)

Cheers,

Adam

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Hot damn! This thread got its first infusion of home-brew badass. Nice work man! It is looking real fine. :)

Slow and steady as progress goes.. Hopefully you have it on the road by spring time thaw.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey Adam777, if you go and you see that guy that goes by "the tick" otherwise known as John Mensch tell him Adam Bauer says hello! I have not seen that guy forever, he is the nutcase that got me started roadracing motorcycles back in the mid nineties... Just saw his name on the post and I will not be around to run down there.

·
The colder Adam
2,197 Posts
Will do!

Palmer, as for picking a date, I don't know how serious you are about it, but I am all for picking something way far out so that we can have the most people plan for it.

Just throwing them out there:

Saturday May 8
Saturday May 22

Thoughts?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Yeah, pretty much any day will work this far ahead.

Late May sounds good from a weather standpoint.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I'll send out a few emails about the route.

I also just logged into the MNmiata club forum for the first time.

It would appear that there is a sub forum for chatting about golf.

Anyway...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, I plan on going to a few events with them and see what it is like now. It was a fun group of people when I was a member before and they do alot of drives and get togethers so it is fun to see all the Miata's together.

We should get a group of us to show up for one of their weeknight drives and see what goes on. ;)

I too am not impressed with golfing, what a waste of time and money!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Oh yeah, I will def. check out a meet-up sometime, I just thought the golf thing was kinda funny, and fits the stereotype.

There is the MN mazda people too, and they meet at Porky's on Wed. nights. I'm going to hit that up as well, see what it's all about.

·
Registered
282 Posts
There is the MN mazda people too, and they meet at Porky's on Wed. nights. I'm going to hit that up as well, see what it's all about.
In the spring? Let me know when you go up there, I'll head over also. I want to get my 14" RPF1s mounted up first.

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
If you can attract a fair crowd, I will get arbumreaf and mazdamitch33 to cruise out there as well. It would be worth it to meet lots of people.

61 - 80 of 2497 Posts