ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, my first question is my car came with three keys and they all have the same number printed on them yet none of them open the trunk lock. Am I missing something here? Is there a trick to it? The trunk pops open when I pull the latch in the arm rest, but I just can't work it with the key. And which direction should I turn the key? Doors turn to front to unlock.
I hope I don't need a new lock.

My second question is will 4 quarts be enough to do an oil change? It should be... Haynes says 3.6 quarts, just wanted to confirm before I crack open the drain plug.

Thanks guys, and now that I have my car I'm going to do a photo shoot asap!

·
Mufasa in Training
32,648 Posts
My second question is will 4 quarts be enough to do an oil change? It should be... Haynes says 3.6 quarts, just wanted to confirm before I crack open the drain plug.
Yes. Ideally, you should put some in the filter before you put the new one in. Basically, you pour some oil into the filter, let it settle, then pour a little more in, let it settle, and put the new pre-oiled filter on the car. Some don't believe in pre-oiling filters, but I see no reason not to. Especially make sure you spread some oil on the rubber o-ring on the top of the filter as well.

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
i have the same problem, esp when popping it from the latch on the inside, but the "pushing down while turning key" always works

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes. Ideally, you should put some in the filter before you put the new one in. Basically, you pour some oil into the filter, let it settle, then pour a little more in, let it settle, and put the new pre-oiled filter on the car. Some don't believe in pre-oiling filters, but I see no reason not to. Especially make sure you spread some oil on the rubber o-ring on the top of the filter as well.
bryan .. if we do that would it be like putting 3.7 quarts in the engine? or is it put oil in the filter then add the rest of the 3.6 in the engine?...just some food for thought for the rest of the members

1 - 9 of 9 Posts