ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if anyone had any experience with their full Bilstein package. I know there are cheaper options (Bilstein Baller, et al) and More beloved ones (Xidas), but I'm wondering about these guys, their service, and how the revalving went.

My 94 is currently almost bone-stock, but will be looking at some wheels soon. Not looking to go crazy low. I use it for the typical "spirited driving" out here in LA with the occasional autocross, though I am pretty green with that.

I've read LOTS about all the suspension package options, and have driven a few. This, on paper, seems like a good deal?

Any input is appreciated!

http://www.twosixmotorsports.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=55

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Also available in that price range is Ground Control's full racing setup for miatas like i have on my car. Uses specially valved adjustable Koni 30 series Racing shocks with spherical lower bushings and sexy CNC'd upper shock mounts. uses any 6" 2.5" coilover springs, they come 700 F, 400 R. Pretty sure you could use 7-8" long springs if you wanted to as well

These aren't on their website, you have to contact them directly.

·
See You Next Tuesday!
2,188 Posts
Fairly certain the Koni setup use 2.25" springs. My collars and springs for Bilstein shocks were too big for the Koni Yellows.

That being said, $1650 is a heck of a lot for a revalved Bilstein setup. That's Xida territory price-wise.

I've got a set of factory revalved Bilsteins on my NA, and they're great.
But I also pieced them together over about a year and ended up "saving" about $400 over a set of Xidas.

They're nice, but they're not Xidas.

At $1650 I'd say pass and buy Xidas instead. Along with better damping and what not, they'll be a LOT lighter than the heavy Bilstein setup will be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts