ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Highly Esteemed Supporter
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the transmogrification of the Uber has begun. I dropped the car off at FM this morning to have it de-Uber'd. Since the concept of N/A is unappealing, after being able to punish a wide variety of OTMs, FM is going to install a FMII (GT3071R) in it's place.
Now all I have to do is learn how to drive a turbo! 8-[

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I don't think there will be much getting used to. It's a big turbo, it's going to spool fully at 5k or so and constantly be building HP....however it should have more torque to boot....so it's just going to be plain fun.

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bill said it should be more drivable than the Uber. I think what I'll really miss, besides the SC Screeeeeeam at WOT, is the ability to drive around town in 3rd gear. It was good from ~20mph to redline w/o shifting. That surprised many a driver.

RusMan-Be sure to post dyno numbers with that turbo, good luck with that setup.
I'm not sure if the FM dyno will be setup before I leave GJ. If it's not, I'll take a little trip up to PHX for a run. Jeremy asked how far I wanted to go with it and I said ~350rwhp would be quantity sufficient.

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, we're down here at Miatas in Moab and I'm learning the differences between the Uber & FMII. When Jeremy was tuning it Thursday, we discovered the OEM fuel pump isn't capable of keeping up with the needs of a Stroked GT3071R. Currently I'm limited to 8lbs of mechanical boost. On the dyno that equated to 288rwhp @ 6772rpm & 241lb-ft of torque @ 5017rpm. It'll be a while before I can get the car back to FM to remedy that. In the mean time, I can learn how to keep the spool up in different situations. I'll post the dyno chart next week when I get back to Tucson and can get it scanned.

·
3,857 Posts
Good luck Geoff, I also read your story in m.net!
I believe with the stroker the turbo should be even more fun...
What your HP goal?

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good luck Geoff, I also read your story in m.net!
I believe with the stroker the turbo should be even more fun...
What your HP goal?
I'm going fairly conservative. Mid 300's shhould be pretty good. I'm not much of a drag guy, I do like taking it out for track days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts