ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to go to California and spent the holidays with my folks and brothers which I have not seen in almost a year. And I got back this morning to find all my doors open and all my stuff missing. My flat screens, xbox 360, PS3, my bike, keyboard, my girls jewelry her I.D. Social and passport, and so many other things. They also broke onto the Miata ripped out my stereo and glove box. I'd post pics but they took my laptop.
Everything had been thrown on the floor.
The only plus is they didnt take the wheels and tires I had in my living room, or rip my top.

The shittiest part of all this is the second time this has happened to me on christmas. I'm so ready to leave Albuquerque and move back to California. I hate this town.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh and now my pipes are frozen soo no running water for me. This day is getting worse and worse.

·
I have the sack you want to ride.
4,639 Posts
Sucks. Do you have renter's insurance?

One tip I learned a long time ago: get some cheap light timers. They plug into the electrical outlet in the wall and then you plug a lamp into it. You can set it to turn on at night and off during the day to make it look like someone is at home. Do this in 1 or 2 rooms in your place and whoever is casing the joint won't know it's empty.

Also, never post on Facebook, "OMG HEADED OUT OF TOWN FOR THE HOLIDAYS! CAN'T WAIT TO BE GONE FOR A WEEK!"

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
i couldn't imagine living anywhere with rampant theft and B&E's. Most of my life has been in WV and while we have had the occasional stereo or bike stolen, it is nothing like this. We have went out of town for the weekend and left the garage door open. When i was growing up, half the time the house wasn't even locked whether we were there or not.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
When your neighbors 'didn't see anything man', it's because they were doing things, dig?

Most of the time it'll be someone within a stones throw of you, sadly enough.

NM has some fairly loose gun laws, lets hope for the best!

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I turned on everything that makes heat in here. And the pipes unclogged. At least now I can take a warm shower.
Insurance no. We just moved to this house, and neither one of us remembered to do it.
A plus is we both have identity protection to that's not an issue.

Now it's time to start locking down the fort an adding protection and gettin some damn insurance already.

Thanks for those tips the timer is a great idea. Keep them coming man

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Aww **** man. I feel so sorry for you. I hate that reeling when something gets taken from you. It's the same sort if feelIng when you break up with someone, or are in a car accident. Very hard to shake. I think it's time to move back to Cali.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I know the feeling, about 10 years ago my home was broken into the day after Christmas. I'm now ODC when it comes to locking up and setting the alarm. The wife doesn't get it but she wasn't around when it happened. You change after you come home to find all your stuff tossed about or taken.

·
Registered
619 Posts
That is awful. Have never had anything stolen don't know what that feeling is. I hope something turns up. Low lifes....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts