ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting an Underdrive Pulley (Please spare me the homily about it destroying the oil pump, I Don't care) and was looking around at the ones available on ebay. When i found the one that says it works with a long nose 1.6 it looks nothing like the accessory pulley on My engine.
See here: 91-93 Pulley)

My accessory pulley attaches to my craqnk with four bolts more like this one:
94-97 Pulley

For reference here is the 90-91

So, which one do I need for my '93?

Edited topic for more replies

M

·
0 Posts
Hey Ben,

Apparently, the seller posted a generic pic of the incorrect pulley.

Homily: I believe it's a mistake to use those aftermarket crank pulleys, not because of the underdriving of the accessories, but because of the elimination of the elastomer harmonics dampener that's incorporated in the stock pulley and proper aftermarket ones like the ATI.

If you look at your motor as disposable, that's another story. But for those of us who have invested $1000s in building a high-output motor, it's critical to dampen those harmonics to protect the investment.

My Y .02...

Bill

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
bill have you considered making a underdrive crank pulley with a dampner? I know Buschur Racing did that for DSMs.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well Caldera Has been running one for a while with no noticeable negative side effects. ANd if My engine grenades... Oh well. 1.8 swap time.

I have a 164k mile stock internal 1.6. It's not a big loss.

ANyway, Bill Being the ebay pro you are: You think I should just order the one that says it fits?

M

·
0 Posts
Agent935 said:
ANyway, Bill Being the ebay pro you are: You think I should just order the one that says it fits?
Thanks.

I'd require them to send you a pic of the actual one you'd be getting before paying them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts