ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last thread (please don't make me find it) a few months ago, Tim said that he never erased anyone's profile and he mentioned that Bill Wilner is temporary not allowed to log in.
Tim also mentioned that he will make an announcement regarding the case - something which never happened.
Since this story is already very old - I bet most of the new people are wondering what I'm talking about :) - I was wondering until when it will be continued...
I think everyone learned his lesson out of this story and it's nice when people know how to forgive, forget, adopt to knew situations, facts etc.

Cheers
Chris
Laguna'94 SCed

PS If that continues doesn't make any sense to call it temporary ban...anymore
PS2 It might be nice if we establish some rules in this forum (which is a small society) to define the consequences of a not-accepted behavior. I've seen that in other forums (with more users) and they do have a ban period which by the way it's usually a couple of days...

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
The moderator staff and Tim have been in discussion about all these issues you mention. I agree that temporary bans serve well for a "cooling off" period and that permanent bans should be reserved for spammers and the worst habitual offenders. The mods have been hammering out a rough draft of the rules for several months now but it has not been uploaded for public consumption yet. Much of the delay is because Tim has been preoccupied with family issues lately and hasn't been able to give CR all the attention he'd like. Please be patient and hopefully this thread will encourage Tim to address these issues.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Yes, I am finally in the rough draft stage of forum rules, regulations, etc.

They will be implemented soon. If I can find time this weekend, I will certainly get them up.

The situation with Mr. Wilner was between him and the Administration of CR.net.

Bill chose out to bring out into the public only some of the details.

The members do not know the whole story and it has been my intention, and that of the mods, that we keep the details of said situation private.

I may, however, decide to bring to light the details of the Wilner conflict so that people will better understand the actions of the Administration.

I don't have to do it, but I may choose to, and that decision will be discussed with the Administration beforehand.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Thanks for the props, Linh.

I think there has been in the past quite a bit of tension over certain events that unnecessarily fueled the fire, so to speak.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Hey, I'm not sucking up. But you mods have definitely changed your modding style. Much more lax.

KEWL BEANZ YO
I agree with Lihn, it's been more of a pleasure coming on here lately. There's no fires I have to avoid to get to some wholesome Roadster goodness and just some plain fun every once in a while :p

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
sooo... does this mean bill might come back... whatever he did- im sure he learned his lesson and will shutup about w/e his problem was... i dont think he'll cause any trouble- it will do good, not harm

·
Registered
526 Posts
sooo... does this mean bill might come back... whatever he did- im sure he learned his lesson and will shutup about w/e his problem was... i dont think he'll cause any trouble- it will do good, not harm
I doubt any good will come of re-loading the arguements for bringing him back.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I have no personal issues with Bill at all anymore. Hell, ive bought plenty of things from him. However, notice how everything has been nicer since he's been gone....

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Just when i thought we had stopped with all the drama #-o here we go again, hahahaha. :twisted:

Guess i will go check out the Toyota forums again............. :roll:

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Nah, no drama Phaty. On the Rx7club, we all agreed to ban that word lol! You wanna talk about drama, huh we were worse than a soap opera.....a spanish one at that hahaha

·
2,708 Posts
Like Tim said, there's two sides to every story. Once he decides (or not) to post up HIS side, I will post up some info also since Bill is not here to defend himself, heck, Bill can't even READ this website due to an IP address ban.

·
2,708 Posts
Who said anything about Bill being attacked?

If Tim wishes to explain the situation in his eyes, I will also post up emails and conversations that Bill has saved so that he has fair representation. Or why can't Tim just email or call Bill and squash this? From what I've seen from the timeline of events, Bill posted that infamous thread because no one was responding back to him in private.

And why the I.P ban?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts