ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I posted about my car being wrecked at VIR (sudden downpour of rain + shaved Toyos + fresh oil from a blown engine right in front of me = my car backwards into the tirewall). I took that as a sign to get rid of my strips (which I never really liked) and striped the car and painted it. Excuse the terrible pictures (old 35mm camera, plus I was excited to show off the car), but overall I think it looks pretty good considering it was the first time I have painted a car myself

Before:
[/img]

After:

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
nice looking miata, what exhaust are you running? cant tell from pics
I think it looks good with and w/o the stripes

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice looking miata, what exhaust are you running? cant tell from pics
I think it looks good with and w/o the stripes
It's just an Ansa muffler, there when I bought the car, but I like the sound. The whole system is getting ready to be replaced (one day....)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to see you back up and running. Who did your bodywork? My potato is in need of a paint job soon.
The damage was mostly cosmetic (bumper, rear panel, trunk lid). A buddy and I did all the work ourselves. I honestly think the trailer hitch probably saved me from having much more damage

·
Registered
176 Posts
gotta love red cars, they always look clean even if it is dirty!

I like it without the stripes, looks much cleaner. glad to hear you can get back on the track now
:D

·
CR.net Supporter
293 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hope you don't leave that plate on when tracking it. Otherwise I like.
why not?
That's where I keep my plate when I'm commuting around town and such. But when I'm "cruising" around at night or at the track, I take it off to get as much airflow as I can through the nose. I definitely like the new cleaner look. Good job on the body work!
Agreed, that's why the plate is on hinges, so when the car moves it flips up

·
CR.net Supporter
293 Posts
Damn. I can't believe I forgot about those!! I wanted one way back even before I owned a Miata. I've had mine for three and a half years now and resort to taking it on and off!! ](*,)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts