ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about these for a while, but couldn't justify the price they were asking. Going tracking this May and was going to buy some R compounds for my RSB but these came back up for sale and the seller was desparate to unload these. The wheels are in OK condition.
Here they are:

Souther Way 14x6 35et with new Victoracer V700 195/55/14

Tell me what you guys think. These will be track only....treadware 50...

·
Registered
459 Posts
they look more enkei to me. they're not ssr's are they? o man, old mesh wheels are so nice...
but ur plans sound nice. heard victoracers are pretty nice too. but practicing and using up the old tires aren't such a bad idea.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Re: Just in....My new/used track wheels and tires....

2-piece Meshies? =P~

Meshies always get me, but I like the look of the old StarSharks better =P~

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Just in....My new/used track wheels and tires....

I'll try to mount them on my white miata later and post pics. These are kinda heavy using the arm/muscle scale. I'll put one on my bathroom scale and tell ya later.

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here they are cleaned up a bit(could use more). These are the Southern Way meshies on my NA.
Tell me what you think. I don't plan on running on them on the street as the Victoracers have a treadwear of 50.

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh yeah, According to tire rack, the tire weighs 19lbs. On my bathroom scale the rim and tire weighs 31lbs. So its about 12-13lbs for the rim. Not bad for a multi piece rim I guess.

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the comps guys.

I think after my track day, I will try to refurbish these wheels. I will probably try to replace the wheel hardware with some stainless nuts and bolts. Do you guys have any recomendations? Do I need to find Grade 8 bolts or will any bolt do. I am going to either Powdercoat them or have them sprayed by a body shop.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts