ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Zerek's drift knuckles on the way and, as I've mentioned in my other posts, I've upgraded pretty much every other suspension component along with it. The only thing I have left to decide on it tie rods and/or tie rod ends. Currently I only know about the R-package tie rod ends and the SPL tie rods. Zerek has recommended the R-package ends over the SPL set due to the SPL's potential to bind from the angle of the knuckle not being parallel to the tie rod. I've also read some other debate as to whether the R-package ends actually have any benefit at all as well as some debate about their effectiveness when the car is lower than the 93 LE setup was.

I also read today that the tie ends (only the ends, not the inner rods) from the RX7 FC are a direct fit on the NA/NB and they have options available from Megan Racing and Super Now. I'm kind of at a loss for which option I should go with so I wanted to ask the rest of you. What tie rod and/or tie rod end solution would be best for a purpose built drift car that is lowered and has modified knuckles? I was initially leaning towards the SPL set mostly because they are the only complete package that I am even aware of, other than OEM. My inner rods are perfectly fine, though. The ends are the only thing I have to replace. Do I just go with a stock replacement, a set of Moogs, the R-package, the SPL setup, an RX7 FC option, or something else that I don't even know about yet?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts