ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Sunday I put in a set of coilovers in the rear, then I moved up to the fronts. When I got to the part where I had to remove the control arm bolt, the thing would NOT budge at all. We spent two hours trying to get the thing out.

Does anyone know what I can do? Maybe there is a different method to removing the shock where I don't have to take out the control arm? This would save me lots of money from taking it to a mechanic.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
This past Sunday I put in a set of coilovers in the rear, then I moved up to the fronts. When I got to the part where I had to remove the control arm bolt, the thing would NOT budge at all. We spent two hours trying to get the thing out.

Does anyone know what I can do? Maybe there is a different method to removing the shock where I don't have to take out the control arm? This would save me lots of money from taking it to a mechanic.
Its bent, likely from something or other. You can do the "chicago" method where you remove the two bolts holding in the Lower ball joint and push down on the upper to get **** moving.

Personally, I would order a new bolt and pull out the dremel/angle grinder and cut that bent **** off (if you can't push it out with a hammer).

Just doesn't sit right with me to have bent suspension components.

·
Supporting Member
3,007 Posts
Did you take out the sway bar bolts because that can block it too from extracting it. Trey Andrew and i had trouble getting out a bent upper control arm bolt but it didn't take nearly 2 hours. We got it gout with a hammer some pliers pb blasterand some one hammering the head of the bolt the same time hitting the other end of the bolt.

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
I used a really really long screwdriver through the mouth of the car and tapped on the screwdriver with a hammer. Popped right out

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good stuff, guys. I will try to do the "Chicago" method tomorrow. I'll post up results. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts