ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Administrator
15,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
User "Bryan" is locked out and the site is not sending him emails for password reset. Please reset his password and email him. None of the mod/admin staff has access to do this.

·
Administrator
15,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He didn't receive an email. He's not getting emails from the site. Can you just assign him a new password and maybe PM it to me? We're friends in meatspace, i can text him the password, and he can change it next time he logs in.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,199 Posts
Also: still not getting email updates. Logging out (and attempting to log back in) is what started this whole mess in the first place :lol:

·
Mufasa in Training
32,199 Posts
Update: still an issue. Cleared all clubroadster.net cookies then restarted browser. Also unchecked, saved, then rechecked accepting emails from admins.

·
Administrator
817 Posts
Hey there,

So how this works is when someone posts something or sends a PM, a notification will be sent to you, but it will go to your email provider before it gets to you. This delay happens often if you have an email service that likes to withhold content (like an email version of customs check).

Please try adding [email protected] and [email protected] to your emails' contact/safe sender list.

Give it a few days after doing this to see if it takes effect as well as keep an eye on the real-time notification. Let us know and we'll proceed from there - thanks!

Ed

·
Mufasa in Training
32,199 Posts
Hey there,

So how this works is when someone posts something or sends a PM, a notification will be sent to you, but it will go to your email provider before it gets to you. This delay happens often if you have an email service that likes to withhold content (like an email version of customs check).

Please try adding [email protected] and [email protected] to your emails' contact/safe sender list.

Give it a few days after doing this to see if it takes effect as well as keep an eye on the real-time notification. Let us know and we'll proceed from there - thanks!

Ed
I'll try that. Thank you.

How do I "keep an eye on the real-time notification"?

·
Administrator
817 Posts
Hey there,

The only way at the moment is having emails sent to you notifying you.
For example, if a user PM'd you, you can enable email notifications whenever a user PMs you.

Ed

·
Administrator
15,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So he should watch the emails that he's not receiving to see if he's getting emails telling him that he gets a PM, in real-time? :lol:

·
Administrator
817 Posts
Do you have another email address you can use for testing? We've had no issues getting password resets on this end, so the emails are going out. I tested it this morning.

Some email domains will throttle emails or block them incorrectly thinking they are spam.

That way, we can see if the issue is the email domain itself in which we'll have to look at having you contact your email provider.

- JB

·
Mufasa in Training
32,199 Posts
Do you have another email address you can use for testing? We've had no issues getting password resets on this end, so the emails are going out. I tested it this morning.

Some email domains will throttle emails or block them incorrectly thinking they are spam.

That way, we can see if the issue is the email domain itself in which we'll have to look at having you contact your email provider.

- JB
I'll PM you another address.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,199 Posts
I saw that the email and PM showed up.

Just one more thing to try: I updated my account filters on my primary account.

Can you try it again? I'd prefer to use the old email address because I hardly ever check my backup.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts