ClubRoadster.net banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Administrator
15,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Hey there,

Still no news on this but I did some research and it seems like the reason is due to Yahoo's new privacy and terms: https://guce.oath.com/collectConsent?ccSessionId=1_cc-session_fbe620c5-b60e-428e-815e-61535a4ca706&lang=&inline=false&jsVersion=null&experiment=null

Users may give this a try: https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Community-announcements-and/Yahoo-Mail-The-Fine-Art-of-Managing-Email-Filters/td-p/219311

https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Sending/Stop-blocking-my-incoming-email/td-p/89222

If the admin can't get into the admin cp, I'll have to whitelist their IP.
@concealer404 I can make you an admin and edit your permissions. That's if you're willing to be an admin on the site. Please let me know.

Btw, the exelatedata issue should be resolved now as well. Are any of you guys still getting that?

Ed

Sure let's rock.

·
Administrator
15,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I believe you need a certain amount of posts to PM. And i think you can post, since you did here. I don't see anything messed up in your permissions. Can you try to post somewhere that isn't in the classifieds and report back?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I believe you need a certain amount of posts to PM. And i think you can post, since you did here. I don't see anything messed up in your permissions. Can you try to post somewhere that isn't in the classifieds and report back?
Ahh, yes, I can post, just not in the classifieds. Thanks for the quick response!

·
Administrator
784 Posts
Sorry to hear that this is still going on Bryan. I just checked the ticket number that was referenced awhile back and it shows that the issue was resolved, stating that "the user has marked the message as spam." So basically, it's saying that, at some point, you had marked a message from the site as spam, and now your email provider does not allow further communications from the site because of it. From what I've read through the thread, you said that you did not receive communications to even mark them as spam, am I right? (just want to make sure that I understand everything). Could it maybe have been done by accident?

I think, going forward, the ball seems to lie in Yahoo's court in terms of permitting communications to you from us. You had mentioned that the notifications were working fine with your alternate email account, yes?

If I'm missing any details, please let me know. Again, I'm really sorry to hear that this issue is still going on. I can totally understand how frustrating that must be!

Cheers,

Erik

·
Mufasa in Training
31,841 Posts
Sorry to hear that this is still going on Bryan. I just checked the ticket number that was referenced awhile back and it shows that the issue was resolved, stating that "the user has marked the message as spam." So basically, it's saying that, at some point, you had marked a message from the site as spam, and now your email provider does not allow further communications from the site because of it. From what I've read through the thread, you said that you did not receive communications to even mark them as spam, am I right? (just want to make sure that I understand everything). Could it maybe have been done by accident?

I think, going forward, the ball seems to lie in Yahoo's court in terms of permitting communications to you from us. You had mentioned that the notifications were working fine with your alternate email account, yes?

If I'm missing any details, please let me know. Again, I'm really sorry to hear that this issue is still going on. I can totally understand how frustrating that must be!

Cheers,

Erik
Whoever marked it resolved never asked me. I've done every instruction I've been asked. It works from another address (which I have no interest in using). I have done everything I know to do to mark forum communication as valid.

·
Administrator
784 Posts
Hi Bryan. Just to clarify, we (AF_Admin) are not able to do anything about this situation ourselves. We have escalated the issue to our technical team and they will be the ones looking into this (Ticket #2971459). Unfortunately the tech team has been up to their eyeballs in site server migrations and getting SSL certificates on all of our sites, so they have not had a chance to get back to this ticket yet.

We know that it's frustrating to be kept waiting and we apologize for the inconvenience. Luckily, you can still access emails through your alternate account in the meantime. Hopefully the techs will be able to re-investigate your email issue soon.

Kind regards,

Erik

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Welp. Because this smelled like bullshit to me I made a test account on the site using a yahoo email. I never received the registration email. It's a yahoo account that I've never used on this site so you've definitely never been blacklisted.

Short answer is your guys don't know what they're talking about so they're blaming the user.

edit - they did manage to come in after a while so yahoo itself isn't the issue. Carry on.

·
Administrator
784 Posts
Soooooo...
we have a bunch of randos register on the forum to post one thing or becoming a member just to check out the classifieds only to find out that they can't PM until a certain number of posts on the forum. along with a bunch of other random excuses to register here. Once they got what they wanted, they leave the forum, as well as leaving their email behind so every once in a while, they'll get newsletters or password reset emails.

guys who don't do the right thing like figure out how to unsubscribe and instead just mark us as spam so they don't have to see these emails anymore do more harm than they think. So with more and more people marking those emails as spam, we get blacklisted or vetted by mail providers like yahoo or gmail. it can take a while for them to filter or emails and let us through.
On our end when we check the emails, it does say it gets sent.

soooooo.... :dunno:

the only thing we can do is ask to be unblocked (which we've done before) and just wait for the emails to come through or manually validate users when they send an email in to contact us.

lee

61 - 80 of 112 Posts