ClubRoadster.net banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Asking for a friend: If i change an annoying spammer account's registered email address to a Yahoo account, then force change password, they'll be locked out forever, right?

·
Administrator
780 Posts
Asking for a friend: If i change an annoying spammer account's registered email address to a Yahoo account, then force change password, they'll be locked out forever, right?
While that is possible, we suggest using the mod tools to remove spammers.

Anyone particular in mind? :haiguyths:

- JB

·
Administrator
780 Posts
It was a joke. Mostly.
Yeah, we still have to respond to site help section threads. I tried to elude to the fact with the :haiguyths: face while still providing a reasonable response should you not be joking.

All is well then I suppose. Let us know if there are any other issues on this.

- JB

·
Administrator
780 Posts
It's still being investigated. If you havent already done so, contact your domain, mention the emails are flagged as spam and see if they can remove it on their side for your account.

- JB

·
Mufasa in Training
31,672 Posts
It's still being investigated. If you havent already done so, contact your domain, mention the emails are flagged as spam and see if they can remove it on their side for your account.

- JB
You have a contact at Yahoo I can reach? I sure don't.

·
Administrator
780 Posts
Hey there,

Not sure if we did this already but it's better to try this.
I went into the backend to diagnostics and sent you a test pm straight from the forum software.
Let us know if you received it. Please check your spam inbox as well.

Ed

·
Mufasa in Training
31,672 Posts
Hey there,

Not sure if we did this already but it's better to try this.
I went into the backend to diagnostics and sent you a test pm straight from the forum software.
Let us know if you received it. Please check your spam inbox as well.

Ed
No PM of any sort received. No email, no spam. Nothing.

·
Administrator
780 Posts
Going to bump this issue.
Lately been seeing this with certain email addresses such as @cox.net and @charter.net
Will see if the techs have any clue.

Ed

·
100% Jakedashian
6,715 Posts
Going to bump this issue.
Lately been seeing this with certain email addresses such as @cox.net and @charter.net
Will see if the techs have any clue.

Ed
I work in marketing. I've been having this issue as well and have seen similar patterns with some Cox email addresses and automated mailings. At first I thought it was weirdness with the way the DNS was set up for my mail server that Cox didn't like but some Cox addresses were getting the messages. I have yet to find a solution so I'm very curious what you come up with.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts