ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Old Threads > New Threads
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've had one of these in my MS3 (Mazdaspeed3, not Megasquirt 3...) for 5 years. It's been absolutely worth the investment for me. I live in a city where the ambient temps are over 100 degrees pretty much every day from late May through late September (it's been over 115 this entire week). I've had the $8 foil-front/foam-back shades from Walmart before, and this type of sustained heat completely disintegrates the foam to the point that it ends up all over your car after 1 season. These UVS shades cost more up-front, but they definitely last longer than the cheap shades if you live somewhere hot enough to bake cookies on your dashboard, and the fit to your windshield perimeter is custom instead of a rolled up rectangle. Live with the Walmart stuff if you live where you don't see 100 degree days more than twice a year, but the UVS shade is worth the cost if you live somewhere with a long summer season of sustained 100+ degree days.
Your review does not address the gerbils.

Just sayin'...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Your review does not address the gerbils.

Just sayin'...
I apologize. My back yard's lawn has a pretty substantial gopher problem though. The might of the UVS sunshade has failed to deter them. Your experience with other rodents may vary.

·
Surgeon General
2,924 Posts
I apologize. My back yard's lawn has a pretty substantial gopher problem though. The might of the UVS sunshade has failed to deter them. Your experience with other rodents may vary.
This is what we need right here. Solid consumer advice concerning and pertaining to gerbil control and/or housing.

10/10 post.

Next step is research on whether the UVS shade does indeed function as suitable roofing for said gerbils.

·
Registered
243 Posts
This is what we need right here. Solid consumer advice concerning and pertaining to gerbil control and/or housing.

10/10 post.

Next step is research on whether the UVS shade does indeed function as suitable roofing for said gerbils.
And just to be completely fair to UVS, my sunshade is the Mazda3 model. The Miata model could be more successful as a rodent abatement device.

·
Surgeon General
2,924 Posts
As long as the gerbils have good roofs, I'm happy with my purchase. And glad it is more versatile than I ever imagined thanks to ShadowMX5.
You know I'm always hard at work carrying out my god-given duties here on ClubRoadster.net.

EDIT: Gerbils may or may not have crawled through the roof of not only their house, but also my house as well.

EDIT (the second): Yes, the first edit was relevant to my original post.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Easy, Cowboy. Weren't not trying to abate gerbils here. This is about affordable and quality roofing.
Is it too much to ask that you send your shade to paulgt for testing by marmots? I think they might be able to shed some light on the versatility of this product.

·
Surgeon General
2,924 Posts
For those just joining us on the second page, I'd highly recommend a thorough and studious reading of the posts on the previous page of this thread.

This message paid for solely by the Gerbil Housing Association of the Southern Philippines (GHASP).

·
Registered
243 Posts
Buy a gerbil and raise it well. After precisely 500 days, it will whisper the correct decision in your ear while you're sleeping.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just wanted to say, me an my co-worker have these for our miatas. Mine an na, and his an NB. Two completely different shades, due to where the rear view mirror mounts. I highly recommend purchasing this to anyone that has sunny weather. As well for those who have removed their sun visors makes keeping this up tricky. I keep one of those extendable curtain rods in my car to prop it up against the window.

·
Vendor
7,491 Posts
I trust [email protected] and I knew I needed a sun screen because my beloved Fievel spends entirely too much time in the sun whilst I'm away. I asked her which sun screen she recommended. I knew she wouldn't just say, "the most expensive one" without just cause. And I wasn't disappointed. She told me to get the most expensive one because it was worth the investment.

She was right.
I heart this thread! Thank you! I just wanted to clarify that I made no mention of investment or expense but I'm so thrilled you're so in love with your sunshade. How I phrased my personal recommendation:

I've always preferred the fold-up style myself. It sits "neater" inside the car. The edges on the roll-up style always seem a bit mussed up. It just never gets straightened out enough.
No muss! Just perfect folds! Amirte???

21 - 40 of 57 Posts