ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my girl "Nadine" running about a month ago. Have been putting on miles to sort all the growing pains and get her sorted out and buttoned up. I keep getting stopped by car-guy types asking "What the hell is in that?" and that leads to the dog and pony show in parking lots etc as I have to pull the hood pins and show her off (Actually, that's kinda the cool part).
Most times the first thing I hear is "Holy ****!" (first heard from local cop that stopped me for 48 in a 25, was in 4th gear at idle) or "I didnt think it would fit in that car". "It looks like it came from the factory" is a close third but I do hear a lot of "Does it stay on the ground?"
How about you guys?

·
Registered
31 Posts
People have straight up FLIPPED OUT on my car.

"What the ****!? How the... whoa!!!"
lol

I've gotten absolutely out of this world responses... Its hilarious.

One time I had the hood shut and this dude pulled up in a V8 RX7 and I told him "Ill race your RX7 for $50" and he said "you dont want to race me man, its fast" and I replied with "Mines Turbo" and he said "what all you have done to it?"

I popped the hood and he nearly **** bricks.
He was like "oh ****, nevermind on that race, I'll get slaughtered, thats fucking nuts!"
lol

Ive gotten this from a Chinese guy in a HEAVYYYYY chinese accent:
"LS1 Miataaaa?!?!?!" lol. <-- Funniest **** in the world.

·
Highly Esteemed Supporter
449 Posts
I was at a strip-mall car show in Phoenix a couple of months after picking the car up from FM. Lee Radu had his outstanding home built LS2 next to mine & visitors were "ooh & aahing". One of the local cops was walking by & did a classic double take at our two cars. We started talking & he said: "Wow, I want to see you take off & run from a cop!" I couldn't believe my ears. "You what?" He repeated himself & I told him: "You really wouldn't like it..." He responded with "Why, 'cause it's really that fast?!?" "No," I told him, "It's because the minute you hit your lights I'm going to put on my blinkers, pull off the road in a safe fashion and sit there with my hands on the wheel, awaiting your next command...I'm an ER Nurse & I've seen what happens to dimbulbs that rabbit. I have no desire to commit POPO!" He looked a little bummed & said: "You're not any fun." Yeah, I've been told that.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
If someone ever accused me of having a Ford 302 in my possession I'd kill myself.

·
Registered
74 Posts
"Is that one of those 5.0 Monster Miata's?"

I get that, too. I also get "How do you like that 302?". I respond "It's pretty nice. It is one of the rare ones where the distributor is in the back."

And, I can't quit looking at this smilie:

:bouncin:

·
Registered
349 Posts
^ lost.

hahhahhahhahahahahha

·
Registered
97 Posts
first thing i always hear when my buddy brings his LT1 pro charged miata out is "pfft thats stupid that motor ruins the power to weight ratio" pfft n00bs lol

·
449 Posts
They're just jealous.

Sent by an oid from his 'droid

·
Registered
397 Posts
I get that, too. I also get "How do you like that 302?". I respond "It's pretty nice. It is one of the rare ones where the distributor is in the back."

And, I can't quit looking at this smilie:

:bouncin:
That was one thing Ford did right. Well, that and the firing order.

·
449 Posts
That was one thing Ford did right. Well, that and the firing order.
:bouncin: <-- Ford did that firing order?!? Jeez, I'd always been jealous of their exhaust note, but now...

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
because of my bumper (VARy replica) not many people notice it's a miata. so i get allot of "what the hell is that?!"

i did get pulled over. cop was like.
cop: "do... do you know why... say what the hell is this thing?"
me : "it's a miata"
cop: "is it some kind or race car?"
me : "yea! i use it for racing, and if it's for a good cause i'll go to a car show"
cop: "that's cool, put your front plate on and have a good day"
me : "you got it"

i got stopped at a red light by a hillbilly chick
(imagine the voice of joe dirt coming out of a lifted doge ram)
chick " hay man` what is that?"
me " it's a miata"
chick "does it have a cheby mota`?"
mw "yea"
chick"THATS BAD ASS!
light turned green and i tore off

·
Registered
9 Posts
People have straight up FLIPPED OUT on my car.

"What the ****!? How the... whoa!!!"
lol

I've gotten absolutely out of this world responses... Its hilarious.

One time I had the hood shut and this dude pulled up in a V8 RX7 and I told him "Ill race your RX7 for $50" and he said "you dont want to race me man, its fast" and I replied with "Mines Turbo" and he said "what all you have done to it?"

I popped the hood and he nearly **** bricks.
He was like "oh ****, nevermind on that race, I'll get slaughtered, thats fucking nuts!"
lol

Ive gotten this from a Chinese guy in a HEAVYYYYY chinese accent:
"LS1 Miataaaa?!?!?!" lol. <-- Funniest **** in the world.

How's that bad boy hook up?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts