ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been looking all over the damn place for the answer to this. How do you adjust the ride height of the v maxx coils? Obviously it's not the lower perches...

I'm pretty bummed that the directions didn't specify much in the way of, well, anything!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're referring to the lower blue perch and the lock ring below it correct? The one's that have the notches for the spanner wrenches...

I swear I just adjusted them all the way down, then all the way up, and the height was the same...let me double check it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
babyhands is indeed correct. Higher the lower blue collar on the fm v maxx coilovers, higher the ride height. Lowet the lower collar, the lower the ride height...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hahaha yeah man, I'm honestly a little surprised someone had to ask this question. Coilovers tend to work this way lol but happy I could help out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I thought this was a troll thread.

for furture reference.

http://www.flyinmiata.com/support/instructions/suspension/vmaxx.pdf

....right.

As specifically stated, I adjusted the perches, and saw no difference. It took a very significant level of adjustment (2-3 inches) on the perch to see a 1 inch to 1.5 inch difference, the rears were a bit more responsive to perch adjustment/ride height correlation, or at least it seemed to be so. Thank goodness this info is now solidly posted so if any one (God forbid) has the same or similar question, this post will help them...

I came here asking because I searched this and several other forums, including several google searches. I was quite surprised by the lack of information regarding the topic of coil overs in general, let alone about the v maxx.

Regardless, i appreciate the help babyhands. I figured that the perch adjustment was the case, I just didn't want to deal with taking the tires and jacking the car up and down, on and off, countless times to get the proper adjustment. I managed to finish it all up yesterday with these specs:

Front Driver: 12.3 inches
Front Passenger: 12.2 inches
Rear Driver: 12.8 inches
Rear Passenger: 12.7 inches

ps: It's good to join in a new car community only to be told through allusion that:

a) You are slight retard

and

b) You are troll

Thanks guys lol.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The adjusting can be tricky the first time you try it out. It definitely takes some trial and error. Hahaha and taking the wheel on and off and jacking the car up and down becomes such a pain in the ass! Now make sure to periodically take your wheels off and give the coilover a little cleaning. I find that the adjustment collars will kinda be a bitch to turn in the future if they get all grimy and gritty from the road.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The adjusting can be tricky the first time you try it out. It definitely takes some trial and error. Hahaha and taking the wheel on and off and jacking the car up and down becomes such a pain in the ass! Now make sure to periodically take your wheels off and give the coilover a little cleaning. I find that the adjustment collars will kinda be a bitch to turn in the future if they get all grimy and gritty from the road.
That's some good advice for sure. Note taken.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts