Discussion Starter #3
Re: Chris Lee's horizontal intercooler

RoadStarJDM said:
Where's the radiator?!
No, really! Where does it go to?

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you have an pictures of his front end i will show you. I have some pics of the latest Re Amemiya creation from the TAS06. It is a 3rotor FD with a v-mount set up like chris's car.

See same style intercooler set up.

Theres the radiator!

Another front shot.

A shot of the rear.

·
Supporting Member
31 Posts
I wonder how well V mount setups work in daily driving. :?:

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
93mimi said:
Mr. Gee is that you?? Sweet, now we have some more Turbo guys!!

Dude, that RX7 is to die for................ :twisted:

PhatMiata

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
93mimi said:
well engineered, it would work fine. all he did was move the cores around and change the plumbing.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm sure pretty well, WRC cars run that type of set up and get adequate cooling while spending about half the time sideways. ;)

Most of them that I've seen have panels that force the air through the heat exchangers with an opening in the back of the V to route some cool air into the engine bay and intake. I'd imagine it's a pretty effecient set up for even a street car, but expensive custom work no?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Watch my build-up over the summer. Chris Lee is a neighbor and he's going to allow me to base my setup on his.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,652 Posts
Good stuff.

BTW...I'm super jealous of ya'll Californicators...you get most of the good distributors (including Super Autobacs) right in your backyard...

·
3,542 Posts

Mike, you got pics of how the radiator and AC plumbing was changed?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
interesting. that looks like there are several v mounts runnign around now. That looks like a brs widebody. haven't seen that car before.

and I know of atleast 1 vmount setup that hasn't had any public pictures published. that makes 3 set ups in CA...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Wed May 03, 2006 10:31 pm]That looks like a brs widebody. haven't seen that car before.
FYI, Grinder/Mike *is* BRS (well, partners with another guy). He designed, manufactures, and sells that body kit from City of Industry, CA.

http://www.brs-autodesign.com/projects/Miatawidebody.htm

Mike told me RJDM member Betrayed traded him a used Miata for a widebody kit and the Work VS-XX wheels shown in the pics of the Mike's car on the BRS website. That's why Mike's pic above shows his car with SportMax wheels (http://www.sportmaxwheel.com/).

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

Mike, you got pics of how the radiator and AC plumbing was changed?
Greg,
I'll post up some pics for everybody once I get a chance to remove the bumper. The radiator mounts are almost the same as stock except its slanted and lowered a little bit just to give everybody an idea. I'm using a Koyo racing radiator which bolts on to stock and also have the stock mounts for the condenser so I can use the a/c if I wanted to but, I use the car for track too thats why I didn't hook the condenser back. As for cooling, I got zero problems.

Thanks,Mike

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
i didn't recognize the car with the changes to the front bumper. I have been out to BRS' facility and have seen the car in person. Good looking kit.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Re: Chris Lee's V-mount radiator/intercooler

Thanks Matt! I covered the front with vinyl to hide the stonechips. :mrgreen:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
a/c hardlines

also have the stock mounts for the condenser so I can use the a/c
That's right, I forgot about the hardlines to the a/c radiator. What do we do about relocating those? Do we have to have custom hardlines made from the firewall to the relocated a/c?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts