ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever seen this!! :shock: :mrgreen: =D> :twisted:

Very cool idea, and it looks quite at home!! This is the KL Series V6 Motor from the Mazda Millenia-S ??? I think?

More Details can be found below.
http://majica.net/JNR/here.htm

1st question, why is this guy not on our forum yet? (We must capture him!) :twisted: Go my children, you must bring him to us, Resistance is futile! :twisted:

2nd Question, who is gonna be next on this forum to attempt this show stopping Mazda Motor swap!?!

PhatMiata (^_^)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Re: V6-MX3 Powered Miata (KL Series)

You've got to be kidding me...I've been talking about doing that exact swap, ITB's and all, for almost a year.

Beat to the punch again :cry:

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Re: V6-MX3 Powered Miata (KL Series)

Or do the JE-ZE V6 swap, as Mazda intended. But remember; heavy engines compared to the I4, so you MUST upgrade the brakes. Mazda put on FD RX7 units on theirs.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Andy, do you have anymore pictures of that 1006? Maybe of the engine? Or if you can upload them to the Gallery that would be great too!

PhatMiata (^_^)

·
1,213 Posts
mmmm ... definately not as pretty as the production M2 cars - guess they were concentraing on the mechanicals :?

those rear humps must have been a bet #-o

·
Registered
404 Posts
I wonder if hes got video anywhere? I wanna hear it run. I started as a 626 guy and the KLZE was THE motor to have :p I was thinking about how to do the swap... but now we know :D God the KLZE sounds amazing!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All,

I was invited to drop by to discuss my KL-Miata (all call it the Kliata). I've been a Mazda guy for quite awhile -- 3 MX3 V6s and this is my 3d Miata. To give you an idea of where my head is when it comes to engines: a few years ago I had a '99 Miata, then bought my second MX3 ('92), drove them both for a couple of months... and sold the Miata. (Granted, the KL-V6 is a special breed.)

My wife, Jill, and I are long-time autocrosseres, who decided we like competing in SCCA's Street Mod2 class. We were driving my 350Z, but it is a half-ton over weight (and also too nice/new to turn into a dedicated competition car), so, this became the opportunity to build the car I've been planning for almost a decade.

It is going to be real challenge, because the class gets more exotic every year, and as good a package as mine is, I am still giving up a lot in the are aof potential power.

Anyway, I'm glad to share some info and ideas -- and maybe help a few of you put the "right" engine in the MX5.

Mark

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
There were 2 different versions of the 1006 (maybe the same car remodelled); project was cancelled because it was going to retial for silly money, and the M2-1002 was a flop. The other version was more like the (I believe) the intended production car. Sorry, this is the best picture I have to hand:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts