ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guys at V8 Roadsters have just finished this 11.75" Race Big Brake kit. We will be offering the kits with these changes:

The kit is designed as an absolute no compromise race system. Spacers are required to clear the calipers on most wheels except 6UL's. The fronts with Dynalite 4's are designed to clear gen II 15x9 6UL's. The rears require a 2~3mm spacer to clear the 15x9 6UL. Gen I 15x9's clear the rear without spacers. As you can see, there is no provision for an emergency brake.

Replacement friction rings (rotors) are the same part for all four corners and are a measly $50 each! Ya gotta love that.

My rough measurements put the total weight savings at about 18.5 lbs over the 100% stock brake system including e-brake hardware.

For the average dual duty or track only car making less than 200~250whp, the 11"Goodwin V4 BBK we have been offering is probably the best choice. More power than that and trailered, the 11.75" V8R BBK starts to be the better choice I think. We're removing the old 11" BBK from the OGK and installing one of these.

The system includes:

4 - 11.75" x .810 Wilwood rotors, straight vane
4 - Ultra light weight alloy hats
2 - Wilwood Dynalite 4 piston calipers, 1.75" piston
2 - Wilwood Dynalite 4 piston calipers, 1.38" piston
2- Carbotech CTW7112 brake pads, your choice of compounds
4 - Aluminum, helicoiled caliper brackets. Hard anodized
1 - Wilwood tandem master cylinder
4 - Stainless brake lines, PnP
2 - Cunifer, hand formable hardlines for master conversion
2 - Motul RBF600 brake fluid .5 L

Options:
Dynapro 6 piston front caliper (huge!)
Red powder coated calipers
Any Carbotech pad compound including the 1521 street pad

Full details and pricing on the website

·
Supporting Member
232 Posts
Kicking around the idea of selling the S2000 to fund more Miata mods. I had to start it today for the first time in a month to move it out of the way.

Brakes = $$$$
Brakes + wheels + tires = $$$$$, and I have not worn out my original Nittos yet.
Do I hear a package deal?

FWIW, I am the guy with the green car at Buttonwillow last weekend.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kicking around the idea of selling the S2000 to fund more Miata mods. I had to start it today for the first time in a month to move it out of the way.

Brakes = $$$$
Brakes + wheels + tires = $$$$$, and I have not worn out my original Nittos yet.
Do I hear a package deal?

FWIW, I am the guy with the green car at Buttonwillow last weekend.
Call or email me.

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts