ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just have a quick question. Mods can delete/close when I figure this out. Im trying to get the valve cover off, but the 2 bolts in the back are giving me problems. I got the bolt on the right side off, but not the bolt on the left. Im trying to make room to get to it, so by doing so im trying to unplug this connector. The problem is, It wont unplug...Thats what im here asking, how the hell do I unplug it? Probably a dumb question, and very simple, but im just not gettin it. I didn't want to have to make a thread about it, but im kinda forced to now since im stuck. Here's a pic for reference.

·
The Platypus
710 Posts
Oh god. I remember having this horrible problem when doing this. I gave up so many times. Make sure you don't round it off. If you REALLY can't get it off, then you can reach all the way down where your hand is in the picture. There is a bolt that is the same size and in the middle of the metal plate (for some reason I can't remember the name of it, it connects the spark plug wires) that connects to the head. Just loosen and remove that one and unplug the two connectors above the bolt and pull the whole thing off. Then you can loosen the stuck bolt while the valve cover is off.

If you round it off, then you can just use a grinder to make it flat again so you can stick a smaller size socket on it. Hope this helps

edit : by the "metal plate" I mean the coil pack.

·
Registered
592 Posts
A trick to get connectors off it to push them together as hard as you can, then depress the button, then pull it apart. it that doesn't work spray it with some sort of cleaner, and repeat.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried my hardest to push the connector in and pull it out, but had no luck. I was literally out in the garage for an hour and a half trying to get the bastard unplugged, but no dice. So, I said screw and found a way to finaggle my socket wrench in there and finally got the bolt off. Took a total of 3 hours to replace my VC gasket because of that bolt hahaha. But, nonetheless, everything panned out. Thanks for your replies and help guys. Mods can now close.

·
Registered
158 Posts
if you actually used a 12mm open ended wrench instead of a socket, you could have gotten that off in a few seconds..... :p

unless it was in the way of the bolt coming all the way out, but I don't think it's in the way... could be wrong

1 - 6 of 6 Posts