ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drove on yesterday. Lot of car for the money. Really liked it. Only 2600 lbs. Supposed to be releasing a turbo version over 200hp. Any future Velsoster buyers on here?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
My sister just bought one, silver, pretty base load out

but the cool kicker is the DCT, it works very well! lets you hold out gears, and shifts super quick/smooth

its really a fun car, with an exciting design; a little low on the power front

but if they ever turbo it, i would definitely consider one, you cant beat the price/warranty

·
Registered
168 Posts
I LOVE the look, my wife works at Hyundai and I'm itching to take one out for a spin. Might have to replace our Pile of **** Scion.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Supposed to be debuting the turbo in about a week at the Detroit auto show.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
potential buyer here, supposed to look around monday

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I'm not that impressed by the looks of it at all. It looks very odd going down the road. A turbo version doesn't make it better. I'm sure it's a fine car, but that can't make up for the looks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The Veloster is one of the cars coming out that I have been really interested in, and took a look at during the car show in SF. However, I found myself crawling around pretty much all the cars there, hoping that I could find one that did not have a solid rear axle style suspension setup. The Veloster is no different.

However, I love the funky sport hatch look and the relative light weight for a newer car. Wish I could afford to want one. :p

·
Registered
1,339 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've driven one around an autocross style course (laid out by Hyundai for test drives) - it was a fairly decent handling car - a turbo is definitely required though! Drove the standard - nice to see an actual manual transmission!

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/veloster/

The three-door thing is cool, but if someone were to put the extra door on the drivers side, they would dominate the single parent market.

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
So my 4-door is unsafe and all curbs are on the passenger side?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts