ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Don't know what a JIS screwdriver is? Go here and read. Pay no attention to the robot pix.

Cliff notes:
  • Designed to grip a screw instead of camming out when force is applied.
  • Made by Vessel, the company that helped create the JIS standard
  • Multiple custom sets available - you can only find them at revlimiter.net
  • Not just for Miatas. They work perfectly on ANY Japanese car or motorcycle.

Really, this photo tells the whole story. Standard Phillips on the left, JIS on the right. This is a huge difference.

Set 1: The Miata Repair Kit. It's a five piece set with the essentials. You'll have a hard time finding a cross point screw that this set won't work on.

Set 2: Bucky's Toolkit. It takes the Miata kit and upgrades it with three slot head drivers to make an eight piece set. Why? Because it's a bummer to go back to the $2 Harbor Freight drivers for that random slot head screw after getting used to the awesome Megadora handles.

Set 3: Sharka's Toolkit. This is Bucky's kit with an added Impacta P.2 driver and a ratcheting handle with four drivers. That's a fourteen piece kit.

There may or may not be toy photos on my store illustrating the tool features.

Go get them! I love these drivers. I'm excited to sell them again.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: JIS driver bits now in stock!

The "large" bits and the option to have both sizes of bit are sold out. There's a handful of the regular size (#0, 1, and 2) left.

I ordered another batch last night. I hope to have them back in stock in a week. I truly didn't expect these to go so quickly. I had 5x the stock as last batch.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'm coming close. I have 3 sets now.

Speaking of sets, I'll have some full drivers in the next batch.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Drivers are back in stock! And they came with a few new friends.

JIS Miata Repair Set - $56 + shipping, one set per customer

I'm addicted to my Megadora drivers and had to buy some to put in my store. I put together this set of the most common sizes that Miatas use. I only have ten sets, so I'm limiting it to one set per customer. I'm using my custom order form to sell the driver sets, so you'll have to actually talk to me to get one. Hopefully, the experience isn't too horrible.

I've also got the JIS driver bits back in stock. I was even able to lower the price a tiny bit more on them. :)

Go to the store and claim your driver sets.

·
Registered
266 Posts

These are a very handy tool, I have these same ones but branded as a MATCO product. If your working on any interior part of a Miata you will find your self needing a screwdriver and if its one that hasn't been off in 15 years you will wish you had this tool!

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Is anyone on CR interested in a set of the Megadora drivers (the full ones with the black/green handle)? If folks wanted them, I could order another shipment.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Update: My shipment of Megadora JIS drivers should go out on Tuesday. They should then arrive at my shop around Friday or Saturday.

Unfortunately, there won't be more JIS driver bits. There's a problem at the factory in Japan and they're delayed past Thanksgiving. So I had my order of bits converted into a couple more sets of the Vessel drivers.

This will be my last shipment of the Vessel JIS screwdrivers. My Vessel rep has been totally awesome with me and they've sold very well, but they're just not the best fit for my store. Hopefully another vendor will start selling these.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Barring UPS problems, my last shipment of JIS drivers will arrive next Tuesday. I'm doing pre-orders, so if you want a set, hit my store.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Would there be any interest in the Vessel JIS screwdriver sets I sold last year? I use mine every time I open the toolbox. I love them. I thought it would be worth asking about.

I know Moss is selling these now, but they don't do the same set I used to offer.

I was even thinking about selling an ultra-set with some flat blade drivers.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Would you also include the bits aswell? I would love to order a set of either the screw drivers or bits.
Since Moss is selling the bits (at a price I couldn't match), I wasn't planning to stock those anymore.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts