ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
170 Posts
I have used Van's tail paint a while back with excellent results/durability/longevity.

Its from Japan if I am not mistaken. The VHT while I havent used it personally I know some friends who have and it seems to be a quality product as well. Hope this helps.

P.S. I used the paint on my Civic (EP3) not a Miata but it really shouldnt matter, plastic tails same thing.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,883 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to replace the red tint film on my Altezzas with the red Night-shades. Any idea how dark it is? I really don't want it coming out pink.

·
Mr December yo
3,277 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to replace the red tint film on my Altezzas with the red Night-shades. Any idea how dark it is? I really don't want it coming out pink.
Im experimenting at the moment with it. First was a failed vinyl crap, second was some sort of high tempt paint that worked alright actually, and now the NiteShade. Problem is both paints leave a 'orange peel' effect so you have to evenly put a coat on, polish it with a compound then put another coat on etc. With the black NiteShade stuff you're supposed to sand the lights as part of the prep work but I don't wanna try that with the Altezzas

This is a crappy camera phone pic, but it kinda shows that it is red and not pink. Even just 1 coat will be red

·
Registered
985 Posts
Awesome, thanks username. I have the same tails, but I'll definitely leave a section unpainted over the reverse lights so the DMV doesn't give me grief. I do love the all-red look right now though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im experimenting at the moment with it. First was a failed vinyl crap, second was some sort of high tempt paint that worked alright actually, and now the NiteShade. Problem is both paints leave a 'orange peel' effect so you have to evenly put a coat on, polish it with a compound then put another coat on etc. With the black NiteShade stuff you're supposed to sand the lights as part of the prep work but I don't wanna try that with the Altezzas

This is a crappy camera phone pic, but it kinda shows that it is red and not pink. Even just 1 coat will be red

wow that came out nice, but im thinking of tinting mine. ill try to post it up soon when i have the chance.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I can't for the life of me remember who I bought my Altezzas from, but he used the film and it didn't come out too good. It's really thick and doesn't stretch well.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Looks awesome if you do it right.

TIPS:
-Clean the surface and tape where needed.
-DO NOT SAND
-Use 3 base misting coats
-Follow up with 2 - 3 heavy or "wet" coats
-Let dry for an our or so and then buff with a swirl remover.
-This make the surface look OEM and perfect.

I also VHT'd my brother's turn signals with the amber color

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.