ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In SCCA club racing the STL class has been dominated by Honda's. However this year two Mazda's are trying to correct that. Cars are piloted by myself in my 2007 NC MX-5 and Nick Leverone in his 1999 NB Miata. The current rule sets allows Nick to run at slightly under 2400 lbs, and I run at 2800lbs with no ABS (or 2870 with ABS).

The Balance of performance works very well between our two cars, and after a 25 minute race we crossed the line side by side with the margin of victory only 17 thousandths of a second. In the process I set a new lap record of 2:27.715 with a healthy tow from Nick.

Watch the full video, or watch the lap record lap (lap 9) at 17:30, or watch the final lap at 24:45

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Danny! Out there making headlines with the NC now.
Hi there oh4one4 - not sure who I am replying to but nevertheless, thanks for the kind words but I am not sure that I am making headlines! Just having a blast racing Mazda's and hoping that we will have something for the Honda's which have dominated this class since it's inception.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I used to crew for you when I worked at OPM. The name s Ryan Williams. If you cared to ask; I'm sure Tracy has told you all kinds of horrible lies about me. I know I've heard a few. ;p

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to crew for you when I worked at OPM. The name s Ryan Williams. If you cared to ask; I'm sure Tracy has told you all kinds of horrible lies about me. I know I've heard a few. ;p
Hey Ryan - great to hear from you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts