ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This video was from the championship that took the top 20 drivers out of 320 total throughout the course of the year. I finished 2nd overall losing to a Formula Ford that was driven by 3 different people and took finishing positions 1st, 3rd and 4th. They implemented a rule change for next year at the end of the shootout to have non-VIN number cars and full on race cars be in an Unlimited class and cars like my NB Miata run in a Street class with 200 treadwear tires.

Fun laps were on 215/-45-16 Kuhmo XS tires and the timed laps were on 225/50/14 Hoosier A6's. The car makes 185 whp and 134 lb/ft. Rev limiter set to 7800 RPM.

·
Supporting Member
2,284 Posts
I was there that day...the video does no justice to the car or Quinn's driving skills...

·
Registered
89 Posts
much respect to you quinn. This car just shows what you can really do to your car without spending much more than you spent. I still agree with that, it´s easier just to swap K20 engine in with some bolt ons. sadly.
I´ve been asked this question in my "to do" thread and I will ask you the same. Why you didn`t try to weld in metal to head combustion chamber ? It seems more safe to engine, but probably harder and more expensive to do ?
your opinions on this ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts