ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video from the NASA event at Buttonwillow yesterday. PTE.
Decided to enter PTE at the last minute so I missed qualifying. Started dead last, 20 or so cars in class. Finished 3rd and set 2nd fastest race lap.
This was my first ever sprint distance club race. Just Alfa Club and NCRC before this which is more gentlemans racing and NASA/SCCA Enduros.

Did the SM race later that day. Qualified 7th, finished 6/21. Completed 1:45 of 3hr enduro when we got black flagged for having inoperative running lights. Was dog tired after getting no sleep the night before so I decided to call it a day. Set fast lap for E3 in the enduro. So kids, don't try to triple dip if you haven't slept the night before.

HD Vimeo

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nice Video, the 1st half you just look so much faster than everyone else. Impressive with how you stuck to the Mustang. The camera at the start almost makes the miatas look even smaller, more like a Suzuki Cuppuccino.

Any reason your not using 6ULs?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice Video, the 1st half you just look so much faster than everyone else. Impressive with how you stuck to the Mustang. The camera at the start almost makes the miatas look even smaller, more like a Suzuki Cuppuccino.

Any reason your not using 6ULs?
15x7 SM legal 6UL's discontinued two years ago. Didn't keep any myself. Must be 7" max and at least 13lbs (5.91kg). Working on a new version for SM.

Most in the US don't know what a Capuccino, Honda Beat or Mazda AZ-1 look like. Running shoe with tires, lol.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Lol, pretty much. Would be interesting seeing some kei cars running down a freeway among the huge US trucks. Not sure i would want to be in one though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts