ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes Vin Diesel. Has anyone else seen him in recent commercials?
"You think your ready kid..." The way he is shown in the commercial almost hints that he is supposed to be one of the "Drift Kings" in the film. I don't know if he is playing the same character from the first film or not, but now I'm definitely going to either download this movie or wait for the dvd...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crap...I meant to post this in the 6/16/06 Tokyo Drift Socal Screening, Biznitches! thread...um...I don't know how to move it, so I guess if a mod can, appreciated ^_^

I did a little more research though heh...
According to upcomingmovies.com,
"Premise: After being allowed to get away by his new undercover cop friend in the first movie, fast-driving criminal Dominic Torretto (Diesel) heads down to Mexico where he lives a life as a fugitive, always just 10 seconds ahead of the law. Eventually, however, Torretto makes his way to Tokyo, Japan, which is the world's current capitol of street racing, where he is recruited to help bail out a friend who is in trouble with a powerful group of Japanese Gangsters."
but it also states under the Cast List that,
"Neither Vin Diesel nor his character appears in the third film."

Hm...anyone care to shed some light on this for me :?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Ah jeez, why are you guys going to see this movie?

M

·
0 Posts
It's gonna be more hilarious than any Austin Powers movie or (enter your favorite comedy).

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
ok... those avatars are really beginning to freak me out.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
from what I've heard, the stunt driving is pretty spectacular. I'm sure the story will be cheesy. Its the same reason I went to see dukes of hazard.

come to think of it, they should do a F&F / duke's crossover. that would be awesome.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I actually really enjoyed it. It was actually a passable movie unlike the first two. THe car stuff is all pretty spectacular, and hell SONNY CHIBA IS IN IT! And this time, they generally got people who could act. Hell, they even have a cameo by Dori Dori himself the REAL Drift King, Keiichi Tsuchiya. THe long and the short of it is that it's a good fun car movie and I recomend it to anyone who likes cars.

·
Registered
692 Posts
yah, i just saw it and have got to agree it was great as far as the drifting went, the story line was slright and there was a horrible scene when the chick and the hero guy are having this deep conversation about love as shes drifting down the mountain. cool cameos by tsuchiya, toshi(from apexi' usa+announcer at the d1 us events), and rhys millen on the airplane. where there any i missed?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I heard there is loads of cameos, haven't seen it yet.

kevin

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
saw it last night.... was actually worth watching... which suprised me!

·
Sponsor
1,963 Posts
after seeing the movie, i give it a 6 out of 10, the action was good, story was decent.... i think it made up for the 2nd one which imo was ABSOLUTE crap.... hollywood should seriously consider putting in shuto kousoku trial MAX in theaters, for theatrical car racing movies that is one of the best..

but continuing on, the cars were pretty good, that veilside fortune rx-7 was sweet....thank god they didn't have any roadsters in it... the cameo apperances by tsuchiya, rhys and toshi were a nice touch too

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have a problem with the veilside rx7.... seeing as though I have actually been in it's presence.... it looks like total ****, and is very shabbily constructed!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts