ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not me but I thought you guys would be interested to see this.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3187644

Prelusion98 said:
I recently went to Tokyo for a couple of weeks, and being the motorsport enthusiast that I am, decided to head out to the headquarters for Spoon Sports (world renowned Honda tuner) and the Type-One garage (kind of a Spoon dealership if you will). Ischima-San, owner and founder of the company, was incredible generous and friendly, offering me all of the time that I wanted to tour the facilities, and allowing me to take as many pictures as I wanted. These are just some of the photos I took:

All pictures available full size on my Flickr website: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rmcarrier1/

The Spoon Sports building itself wasn't much more than a warehouse and office building, utilizing the bottom floor to store merchandise, and (I assume- didn't see them myself) the top floors for office space. However, they did have a brand-new Civic Type-R that was in the process of becoming a racecar. Very cool.

The Type-One building was down the street about a mile, and was where the "action" was so to speak. Outside, there was a beautiful Integra Type-R and Honda Accord Euro-R (TSX) parked along the side of the building.

Inside, there were several racecars being stored and worked on, as well as a couple of customer cars receiving work. Ischima-San overlooked every aspect of the shop, as you can see here, he is constantly running his business both in person and on the phone.

Also parked downstairs was a brand-new 2007 Civic Type-R sedan. A Japanese car enthusiast I talked to told me the car does not hit showrooms in Japan until June (don't know if this is true or not). Spoon's close relationship with Honda made it possible for them to get one, I assume for the reason of developing new parts for it. They had one that was stock, and one that was modified.

Upstairs, there were more workbays, and they were all occupied with S2000s in various states of tune. To access the second floor, individuals simply took the stairs, but to get vehicles to the second floor, there was a ingenious elevator that lifted a car all the way up. Very cool.

One feature I found particularly impressive was the catwalk hanging from the ceiling on the second floor which allowed Spoon to store up to three cars without sacrificing any floor space. The area under the catwalk could then be used to either store more cars, or use as storage space for parts, memorablia, etc. Very impressive. The catwalk was accessed via the car elevator.

There were also two cars modified and tuned by Type-One on display upstairs, an S2000 and EK9 Civic Type-R hatchback with K20 engine swap, and judging by the website for the company, they are for sale as well.

For more pictures, and for full size, feel free to visit my Flickr site. Enjoy.
okocim said:

·
Registered
514 Posts
I just gained sooo much respect for Honda... thanks for the awesome pix man.

-Jeremy

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Always had respect for spoon because of how neat and they show respect for everything. I actually have some of those pictures saved.

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Sooooo sick. I love Spoon for what they can do to a car... Those widebody front fenders on the white S2K are killer.
-Ryan

·
Registered
271 Posts
first time i skeeted over a honda :)

note: it was the s2k

note #2: there is new 4 door civic SI over here on base...i was in shock when i first saw it...but its pretty nice

·
Registered
698 Posts
Damn that place is awesome. I want a car garage with a catwalk storage thingy like that. What a smart way to store cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts