ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The next Virginia Motorsports Club autocross is this weekend, March 25th at Virginia Motorsports Park in Dinwiddie.

$30 to run if you're not a member. Loaner helmets are available if you don't have one!

Spectating is free as always...

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, the RX-7 is now the project car, the NA8 is now my daily driver. The FB isn't registered or insured, so I'm autocrossing the Miata until I get some antique insurance for the disco-potato.

I SERIOUSLY thought about transferring the hood "tapestry" (pun intended, har har) tradition to the Miata, but it was so cold out my fingers were frozen - so I decided to hold off. I'll probably do it this Sunday though...

Did I talk to you at the last event?

·
CR.net Supporter
211 Posts
Anyone who thought about coming out but didn't made a bad decision.

The size of the course was fantastic, I'm used to running in small to medium sized parking lots, but this was huge! It was easy to read but still a little tricky transitioning from the fast parts into some of the tight corners. It was definately a day for turbos.

All years of Miatas showed up and everyone had a great time.
-G

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
I will have to trek down to some of these this year, CDC usually has tight courses, which isnt bad, but it sorta limits my perspective and experience on autocrossing. This will be my first full year btw, I only did 1 ax session last year

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah dude, I definitely recommend coming out. VMSC is a really fun club to run with. Everyone is cool, the events are well organized, the club leaders are there to help you out, and not only that but the participants themselves are there to help you out as well.

RRC (or RIR) is a relatively small lot but it's well paved and a very smooth surface to run on. VMP is a lot bigger but it isn't in as good of a condition as RRC.

Now that I'm a member (I didn't think I'd be doing it enough last year, I was wrong) I've yet to check out ACCA Temple and I think a couple other lots as well. I just hate to beat on the Miata frequently since it's my daily.

Anyhow, I'll try to keep up on event dates and post threads here in case you decide to come out.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
as long as you're sure its all mechanically sound...the miatas enjoy a good beating.

Hmm I see VMSC does run SCCA rules. I think I would certainly be owned in whatever class I fall in. how many runs do you get for $30?

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It really depends on the venue and course, and how many cars are out on that particular day.

Last event at VMP we got a total of 5 runs I believe, with the course being around a minute plus or minus a few seconds for certain cars.

I can't remember how many we got at the first event this season at RIR - Grant, care to chime in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts