ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Bill's help tonight, we installed the VRTL onto my car. Installation was a PITA, but it's all pretty straight forward. I have it set on the itb setting. The car does respond quicker and feels more lively. Great throttle response. Definately a worth mod in my opinion. It feels like the car is pulling harder, but I know it's an illusion due to fact that the throttle opens wider now with less pedal travel. It doesn't increase performance, but I like how the car feels. It gets a big thumbs up from me.

Thanks again to Bill for the help and Tony for instruction over the phone.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,542 Posts
Is it or is it not out of production? If it is, is someone gonna pick up the slack? :wink:
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
i'd like to see it in action. ace asked if it bogs. i guess that ce28n has not fully tested the thing.


WTF? The site has not been updated since 10/17/04 :shock:

according to their g-tech pro their is some postive gains. any update would be cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,178 Posts
Why the hell would it not work on any Miata? Or any car for that matter...
It's designed very specifically to fit the Miata throttle cable pulley. See pics on my original thread:

http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32
Oh, I know that, but I'm just saying, it's simply a different throttle cam. What I was kind of getting at is: are different model year Miata's different enough that this VRTL only works on some of them.

Also, it should have no effect on the ECU, unless perhaps the TPS can't send data quickly enough to the ECU if a very quick input is given.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is no bogging issue for me. Acceleration is stronger with the first 60% travel of the pedal. Then the pedal gets harder to push for the remaining 40%. The engine responses better, great throttle feel. It doesn't make any power, just feels stronger. It's all about how you feel in a car, right?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top