ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 NB with M45 Super charger (big boost), MS-II ECU, and a body kit that i would like to get rid of... do you think I should return it to stock before selling it? I think it will be expensive to return it back to stock since it don't have all the stock body parts :cry:... what would you do?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi GVwannabe,

Newbie here, my 2 cents would be to sell your parts off and sell your car stock. As a newbie to this hobby, I'm always interested in what Miata enthusiats are selling from their car to start their next project especially if it's from a NB 1999 :D

Besides, you have the winter to sell all your stuff. I'm sure you will sell it quickly!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I dunno Simon...it'll be hard for your car to go back to stock since you don't have the parts. But at the same time, it will be harder to sell it in the current condition unless you're lucky. I suggest trying to sell it like it is now - you may find someone looking for a modded NB once spring comes.

But if not, I'm sure you can part out the M45 setup easily. Body would be much harder, esp without the stock parts, so I suggest selling the car with the body kit, but without the boost.

Btw, can I have your spare front bumper?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do you have any pictures of what it is currently? You will have a larger and wider range market if it is stock. Body mods are very personal and power mods expensive to insure.

I guess you would also have to consider whether its worth it to spend the time and money to bring it back to stock. If it cost $1000 yet you only can get $500 more from your original asking, is it really worth it?

If you can post pictures then we can judge whether the mods are subtle enough to sell as is or major enough that you will have to bring some of it back to stock.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
It's on kijiji. It will cost a lot of $ to bring back to stock since he doesn't have stock parts.

My recommendation, sell all the mods on the car that are easy to sell. Then turn the car into track car!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts