ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
copied directly from the MT thread i made

Soooo, to my understanding, if you want a 1pc upper hose for the coolant reroute, you need to buy the 04 tahoe 4.8L upper rad hose. well about 15 minutes of google engineering, and ive come to the conclusion that no one makes it in silicone... yippe, story of my life.

so i called up mishi since they were last on the list to be checked out, explained to the guy what the deal is with the coolant reroute and he said he has herd of it before and that a few people have called about it, and that he would note it, but they are not pursuing it... he said if there was enough generated interest that it possibly could change. I really dont like the hardline in the middle method, and id rather use silicone hoses/stainless line over a rubber hose. So that leaves me back to my original plan, AN fittings and stainless lines for my coolant lines ($$)

Soooo any interest? I told him id call him back if i could get enough interest.. if not i will just stick to my gay fittings...

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
My vote is go the an fitting route and please let my dumbass know how to as well haha. An fittings on the radiator would IMO take the hardest part out of doing a vmount. I'd love to ditch my front mount intercooler. Plumbing was a nightmare with AC and PS. A vmount would be so simple.

·
Sponsor
548 Posts
I have discussed this with them and pushed a complete kit on them really hard. If you guys give me information on what you want I can pass it along to them as well.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is no point really. why silicone?
if your stock yeah... but have to disagree for a FI miata motor, your a smart person, so im not going to explain it.

I have discussed this with them and pushed a complete kit on them really hard. If you guys give me information on what you want I can pass it along to them as well.
there literally wasnt a SINGLE person who was interested, so im going to let this one die off and just run AN fittings and stainless lines for my water lines. now THAT is over kill.. but just like the avatar, "no fucks given":phillyb:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My vote is go the an fitting route and please let my dumbass know how to as well haha. An fittings on the radiator would IMO take the hardest part out of doing a vmount. I'd love to ditch my front mount intercooler. Plumbing was a nightmare with AC and PS. A vmount would be so simple.
check out nev's build thread. hes got a few good pics of his set up that he did on his 13b, i believe he used -12 or something like that. he said that 1k+ hp drag cars rock the same size, so its more than enough for us.

oh and his roadster drift build thread is better than his CR one IMO, so id start there first...

i havent finalized on an intercooler setup, but im like 90 percent sure im going with v mount, cause front mount aint happenin (dont want the attention)... i just gotta make sure my ducting is all legit. and yank that a/c and ps out!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts