ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something that is fairly loud. I have a full Roadstersport 3 system. It is good, but a little quieter and more mellow than what I'm looking for. I would like something with a more old school "bite", but still responsible.

I have read that the Enthuza XR Lightweight is fairly loud. I have also read positive reviews about the Manzo.

Any other ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I'm telling you right now, the ISR exhaust is STUUUUPID loud. I have it with a 4-1 SS header and Autoexe intake, and it is just crazy. It's low and bassy below 3,000 RPM, and absolutely screams a raspy roar to redline. You want a loud exhaust? That's the cheapest option. Looks to Jet's Integral Kobe exhausts if you want the best of the best.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm telling you right now, the ISR exhaust is STUUUUPID loud. I have it with a 4-1 SS header and Autoexe intake, and it is just crazy. It's low and bassy below 3,000 RPM, and absolutely screams a raspy roar to redline. You want a loud exhaust? That's the cheapest option. Looks to Jet's Integral Kobe exhausts if you want the best of the best.
Thanks for the input. I have been doing some research and it seems that many people seem to think that it's not very loud. Here's an example http://www.clubroadster.net/vb_forum/25-product-reviews/189250-isis-performance-nb-exhaust.html
This guy mentions that he has a stock header, though, unlike yours.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you do any extended driving or like to talk to your passenger, the ISR is going to be too loud imo. I had it with stock headers and stock cat and I had to get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Thanks for the input. I have been doing some research and it seems that many people seem to think that it's not very loud. Here's an example http://www.clubroadster.net/vb_forum/25-product-reviews/189250-isis-performance-nb-exhaust.html
This guy mentions that he has a stock header, though, unlike yours.
No problem. I think those people are wrong lol, or at least, very tolerant to loud exhausts. I bought it knowing it would be loud with the intention of holding out for when I turbocharge my car. This would quiet it down and likely make it sound amazing. Regardless, it's a really loud exhaust that you should only get if you want something like that. My suggestion is this exhaust if you want the perfect noise level and sound:
https://rev9autosport.com/jet-s-beat-sound-muffler-1938.html
https://rev9autosport.com/integral-kobe-n1-spec-muffler-ver3.html

Yes, they're very expensive, but the best options out there imo beyond the Roadstersport exhaust and Autoexe muffler in terms of noise, sound, and build quality.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I took my stock muffler and cut it taking enough to shorten it by 1/2 and aligned the two endsd making it straight through leaving some of the fiberglass inside and the perforated tube that normally runs on one side and made it straight thru. It had a nice deep tone until it hit about 4g then it gets a little raspy. Would probably be to your liking. I decided to go back into it and shortened it where it is maybe 1/3 the original length and totally gutted it and put two tail pipes curving out. I also cut the rear cover about like the new toyotas and let the exhaust come thru at an angle and exits toword the passanger side from the drivers side. It is much more noticible and reminds me of a baby Ferrari with a tuned exhaust. It's a stock 92 1.6 with less than 90,000 and the H.P. increase is amazing I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't 30 h.p. The intimidation factor is hilarious especially wit the wild paint job I have on it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input, guys!

As for the ISR, what is all this that I read about the cat? It sounds like some special precautions have to be taken to avoid a CEL.

Also, it looks like it only comes with a midpipe. An axle back is not an option?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts